It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:38 am

New Suggestions for the Forum and Contrabombarde

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

B777Captain

New Suggestions for the Forum and Contrabombarde

PostMon Mar 23, 2009 7:56 am

Greetings all...

With the many different components of both hardware and software involved in a Hauptwerk setup, I'm sure there's a consistent desire for knowledge and information about these many components.... be it questions on which audio/midi interface they use and like (or dislike), or perhaps someone's experience on which OS they use, to which speakers they use and how they like them.

Each person here on the forum list has a vast variety of both experience and knowledge on these separate parts making up the HW package and it seems we could harness even more knowledge using this method.

So... how about a voluntary email contact user's list paired up with all the components of that user on the forum who would like to volunteer to help others desiring info on a specific piece of software/hardware he uses while enjoying the HW ?

It can be listed like Contrabombarde in that you can list the hardware pieces alphabetically, or the names of users etc, and then have those names with email addresses of those who use that particular device for others to contact with questions.

Many times as a new member to this forum, and in my research of gathering info, I've had questions, but didn't want to burden the list with my specific questions but rather, would prefer to ask an individual directly who might have that particular component I'm trying to get info on. I realize there is the PM, but it's not always the quickest way. I find that I can go for weeks if not months of not checking my PM's.

I also know on Contrabombarde you can select to see what each member uses in his HW setup. But you'd have to search each member individually to find out if he has the specific component you'd like to ask about.... very tedious when searching for something specific.

Just a suggestion for those of us looking for some extra info.... Thought it might be worth looking into.

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall