It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:25 pm

Contrebombarde Concert Hall Birthday

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

Grant_Youngman

PostSat May 09, 2009 12:31 am

adri wrote:At least it's good we have choices; pick what you like and what makes you happy. I ultimately don't care what gets your musical fires going.

My 2 cents....

I'd call it at least a $1.00's worth. And the whole point. We don't all get goosebumps over the same sample sets. Whatever floats your boat ...

Of the sets I own, my boat is raised by some more than others. For a zillion reasons that are mine alone. I've never been what one would call 'disappointed' by any purchase. Some just get played (all of them meagerly) often more than others.

I have to admit, though, I'm still searching for the "dry" set that with any (pick your preference) added/modified/DSP-based/impulse reverberation sounds as good as the natural acoustic space, e.g. "wet". Sadly, my living room is not quite large enough to add much of anything of its own. Perhaps someone has a large cathedral-style structure for sale at a reasonable price that I could move in to ;-)
Grant

Lia

PostMon May 11, 2009 1:10 pm

I only recently discovered the Concert Hall, but it is a very valuable resource. I hope to contribute in the future. Thanks a lot!

eajohnson

PostMon May 11, 2009 6:43 pm

Yep, I also listen to the website often, and have learned much. I grew up in a rather pipe organ poor part of the world. Anything built before 1960 is considered ancient around here. I had nothing to play but a drawbar Hammond for the first five years of lessons and in 35 years I've played at 6 churches, with only one having a pipe organ. Needless to say, Hauptwerk and Contrabombarde open a lot of doors for me!
Eric
Owner of an old Schober homebuilt, midified and Hauptwerkified.

Eric Sagmuller

PostWed May 13, 2009 9:37 am

I finally subscribed after lurking on and off at times. This is a really great resource , but unless I missed it, I wish there was a place for the performers or even if from a MIDI file, that the registration for the piece could be shown. This is my weakest part of organ playing, and especially when I hear a piece played on a sample set I have, I would love to be able to repeat the sound.

Anyway just a thought.

Eric

Grant_Youngman

PostWed May 13, 2009 10:03 am

Eric Sagmuller wrote:I wish there was a place for the performers or even if from a MIDI file, that the registration for the piece could be shown.

Ditto
Grant

James

PostWed May 13, 2009 5:37 pm

Me too--I would very much like the registrations documented
James
Previous

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall