It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:59 pm

Contrebombarde Concert Hall Birthday

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

dwood

Contrebombarde Concert Hall Birthday

PostWed Apr 29, 2009 8:53 am

Contrebombarde Concert Hall turns 1 year old today!

Thank you to all of you who contribute, listen, subscribe, host visitors, comment, post picture, email their friends about it, and otherwise are involved in that community. Thank you.

You have visited 42,000+ times with 270, 000+ pageviews (and that is after the bot traffic has been strained out. Too bad bots aren't music lovers)

And a round of applause for Rob Stefanussen who came up with the idea and brought it to life. Rob is the man!

We hope CBCH has been a blessing for you, that you stay involved there and feel like it's a place to invite others to.

Darryl

jcfelice88keys

Happy Birthday to Darryl and Rob

PostWed Apr 29, 2009 10:52 am

Dear Darryl and Rob,

Birthday Greetings to the Contrebombarde Concert Hall! What a happy occasion as to celebrate one year of making everyone in the website very happy! My your listenership numbers are getting so big!

Joe

P.S. Please try not to get any birthday cake or ice cream on the organ keys, and remember to wash your hands before beginning to practice your organ lesson. All kidding aside, many congratulations on a job very well done.

imcg110

PostWed Apr 29, 2009 12:54 pm

Happy Birthday!!!

Concert hall has really been one of the finest on line music resources I have come across - looking forward to many more years of fine music.

giovdan

PostWed Apr 29, 2009 1:15 pm

Happy Birthday from Italy!!!

G.D.

Runar Reknes

PostWed Apr 29, 2009 4:55 pm

And from Norway!

Runar

Stefanussen

PostWed Apr 29, 2009 4:57 pm

Thanks all! However, I'm afraid I can't take much credit, it's the Hauptwerk community which has turned the CH into such a useful and fun resource.
Rob Stefanussen

G3

PostWed Apr 29, 2009 6:53 pm

Happy Birthday from Wisconsin, USA.

George (G3)
Owner/Builder of Hammond-Hauptwerks X-66 3-manual organ.

B777Captain

PostThu Apr 30, 2009 12:42 am

Happy Birthday from Dubai!

To Rob, a very heartfelt thank you for taking the reigns on this one and seeing it through. A very successful endeavor and we all applaud your and Darryl's efforts.

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

adri

PostSat May 02, 2009 8:51 pm

I am very happy about contre bombarde as a sharing site for HW users.

It's indispensable.

b.t.w., some selections do not play back well in Firefox; is there away to fix that? When I use Internet Explorer, I don't seem to have that problem, but I prefer to use Firefox.

Onto another great year!

Adrian07

PostSun May 03, 2009 4:30 am

Dear Rob and Darryl,

A Big thank you! It is just so good to hear other people's work, and a huge encouragment to us all. Also an opportunity to hear music which we otherwise would rarely hear. Thank you from the UK

Adrian
Adrian Goss

PeterD

PostMon May 04, 2009 4:38 am

Hi Rob Darryl,

Contrabombarde is a brilliant resource - can't think of anywhere else providing such a range of contributed music of any genre... however I notice that some presumably adverse comments about a sample set (PAB) appear have been removed by the original contributor of the music ! or were they sent as a PM ?

jcfelice88keys (05/03/09)
Hey, no problem. Your comments were duly noted; I didn't think they needed to be displayed, especially for one of the very first submittals of the PAB Extended version.

Thank you for your candor.

Cheers,

Joe

I would have thought that we need to see all comments not just the compliments if this excellent site is to maintain its integrity. "Non displayed" comments are in any case likely to excite more critical reactions than complete transparency. Please lets keep this invaluable resource open, honest and candid

Best

Peter

dwood

PostMon May 04, 2009 9:23 am

Thank you all for your kind comments. It encourages us too.

Thanks also for your feedback Peter. I agree that it is beneficial to have as much polite debate as possible. I don't tend to remove comments unless they attack someone's character or are there strictly to insult someone. As long as the comment is to do with the sample set or the performance all is good. The rest is up to you the users. You have the power to delete or keep the comments on your page.

In many ways, you all have the power to shape the tone and flavour of the Contrebombarde community. My hope is that CB is a place that honours the traditional side of the pipe organ but also heartily embraces all of the new and unexplored possiblities for the instrument that Hauptwerk brings to the table.

We and others have proven that the instrument is not restricted to use in a church building. You can take it anywhere. One of our clients is a school in Hawaii that uses it for assemblies by the beach! (note to self: I need to get Henry to send me there to check it out in person).

Hauptwerk is a VST. That means you can integrate it with voice or other orchestral and contemporary sounds within your DAW. Endless possibilities.

Regarding feedback on sample sets: I don't know how the other manufacturers feel but I read the forums. In general, I find it helpful to see what people really think of our products and our service. Presumably they feel the same way. Crusades against particular sample sets or providers wouldn't really be welcome because the producers have no facility to defend themselves or provide customer service directly there.

Anyway, keep the imaginations working and I look forward to hearing more wonderful creations from all of you. "if it wasn't for all of us...all of us wouldn't be here". So thank you for making CB what it is.

Darryl

adri

PostMon May 04, 2009 9:31 am

Darryl:

What about the playback issues with Firefox and possibly other web browsers with certain files?

Grant_Youngman

PostWed May 06, 2009 9:10 pm

dwood wrote:As long as the comment is to do with the sample set or the performance all is good. The rest is up to you the users. You have the power to delete or keep the comments on your page.

I just think this sets a bad precedent. I don't know what was said in the comment that was deleted. If it was truly offensive then it should have been deleted by the moderator.

But allowing other comments to be deleted by the music's poster simply sets the stage for commercial interests to ensure that their "commercial" interests aren't disturbed in some way. In a reflector, you can't take back what you (or someone else) said, no matter how much you wish you could. I've been there :-) But I also realize that this is a different environment.

I'd feel better about it if only the 3rd party moderator could actually delete posts.

On the other hand, if I ever post something there, I can ensure that no negative posts regarding the sample set, my playing, interpretation, registration, or hair style remain in the published record, and I can show it to my mother without fear :)
Grant

dalest

happy birthday from FRANCE !!!!

PostWed May 06, 2009 10:38 pm

happy birthday from FRANCE !!!!
Next

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall