It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:53 am

Sample Set Centric RSS feeds now at Contrebombarde.com

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

dwood

Sample Set Centric RSS feeds now at Contrebombarde.com

PostThu Aug 13, 2009 1:49 pm

Hello All,

Just wanted to let everybody know about a new feature at http://www.contrebombarde.com.

Now you can keep tabs on your favorite sample sets and sample set producers with unique RSS feeds.

In other words, if you just love the Ducroquet Cavaille-Coll set, you can be alerted anytime someone uploads a piece with that set.

1) Click on the orange RSS symbol beside the name of the sample set in the comment page for each piece.
2) Once the feed appears, you can click on "subscribe" and that link will be added to your RSS feeds

Similarly, you will soon be able to do the same with specific sample set producers.

Also watch out for other features coming in the next day or two:

1) the option to specify MIDI or live performance
2) little picture icons to denote users who have uploaded photos.

I should also note that there is also a contrebombarde newsletter signup on the page. For those who joined before July 24th you are automatically on the list. If you want to be removed, when the first one goes out, there will be a link for you to login and remove yourself from the list.

We were lookin at the numbers yesterday. 15% of Contrebombarde members actually upload a piece. And just under 1/3 of members have made one or more comments. That's great stuff. Keep it up.

Darryl

BTW - Rob Stefanussen needs some kudos cuz it certainly wasn't me that made all of those changes. And thanks to Richard Sung for implementing the mailing list.

Lia

Re: Sample Set Centric RSS feeds now at Contrebombarde.com

PostThu Aug 13, 2009 4:21 pm

Thanks a lot for your work on this wonderful resource! It's a great help in choosing sample sets.

But, it would be very helpful if you could improve the search function. Most of the times I cannot find what I'm looking for, so I end up browsing through the database. For instance, try to search "Caen" and the only result you will get is "Grande Piece Symphonique on PAB AND Caen CC".

dwood

PostFri Aug 14, 2009 11:22 am

Hey Lia,

Thanks for your feedback. I have put that on the list to address.

However, in the mean time, you can find a piece performed on the Caen, go to the comment page, and click on the RSS link. That will list all the pieces made with that sample set.

I hope that helps.

Darryl

Lia

PostSat Aug 15, 2009 4:24 pm

That helps indeed, once you've found one piece of the instrument you're looking for. Thanks for the suggestion!

JimB

PostSat Aug 15, 2009 5:38 pm

Darryl,

Will the RSS feed for sample set be added to the older postings? It does not appear to be on them. How will this feature handle variations in naming the sample set. A pick list for composer, genre, and sample set would be helpful if you can always enter a new value.
This feature is way cooler and faster than the search feature, the current subscribe to a user's postings or sorting by a field. How about adding this feature to composer, genre and posted by?
Jim Becker

Stefanussen

PostSat Aug 15, 2009 9:08 pm

Hi Jim,

I'm glad you find the new feature useful. The sample set specific RSS feeds are active on all postings, old and new. I'm afraid it's not possible to handle cases where the organ name was typed in rather than selected from the drop down menu. I would recommend that contributors use the list when possible, and if it's not there to drop Darryl an email so it can be updated.
Rob Stefanussen

Stefanussen

PostMon Aug 17, 2009 12:33 pm

A couple of notes:

Antoni discovered a bug in the latest round of enhancements which has since been resolved. If you unsuccessfully tried to upload a piece, you should have more luck now!

The following features have been added:

• Sample Producer RSS Feeds
  • Sample Set RSS Feeds
  • Option to specify performance type (live/MIDI)
Rob Stefanussen

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall