It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:52 am

My Own - Compositions and Transcriptions

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

dwood

My Own - Compositions and Transcriptions

PostThu Sep 17, 2009 12:22 pm

We wanted to be able to highlight people who are posting their own work on Contrebombarde. So today we added two new menu items to the "composer" field; "My Own Composition" and "My Own Transcription". They should be the first and second menu items to choose from.

We also added an RSS field for the "composer" field.

So, in the future, you will be able to have an RSS feed that shows you all original compositions or transcriptions uploaded by Contrebombarde users.

If you want your piece to be included in the "My Own Composition" or "My Own Transcription" feed you can go back and edit the composer field.

Of course this also means that if you absolutely love J S Bach, you can also subscribe to an all Bach feed.

I hope this is a useful new feature.

Darryl

dwood

Re: My Own - Compositions and Transcriptions

PostFri Sep 18, 2009 1:26 pm

If you're wondering why the RSS feed for the composer isn't working yet. We're working on it. Should be fixed today or Monday.

It's coming though!

Darryl

jocr

PostSat Sep 19, 2009 12:07 pm

Your new category prompted me to dig into the vault of my student compositions and upload an organ transcription. I was never altogether happy with the first movement, but still enjoy Movements 2 and 3.

BTW, while you're fixing things, I notice that the Sheet Music Plus link is broken. I believe the URL should not start out with "songs."

James Pressler

dwood

PostWed Sep 23, 2009 8:27 am

Hey James,

Thanks for posting your original work. Fantastic.

So an update:

The RSS feed has been fixed. Now the composer RSS feed will filter out "all Bach", all "Widor" or all "my own transcriptions" in the system.

Richard had a look at the Sheet Music Plus link and has fixed it. Thanks for the head's up.

Darryl

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall