It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:52 am

Mono Vs Stereo upload in Contrabombarde

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

B777Captain

Mono Vs Stereo upload in Contrabombarde

PostSat Feb 20, 2010 2:43 am

I'm having quite a difficult time figuring out why I can't seem to get my songs to load into Contrabombarde as Stereo instead of Mono.

I had Darryl spend quite some time on the problem last night with me over the phone, and he's as baffled as I am.

I record the piece, put it in iTunes and change it to an MP3 and then upload to Contrabombarde. I even check to see if its in "stereo mode" while it's in iTunes.... and it is each and every time.

So can anyone with some wisdom on this subject chime in and offer some advice or guidance? I'm presuming Darryl check all the settings in the HW system. Seems like the file is somehow getting lost in the translation between iTunes and Contrabombarde???

I'm totally at a LOSS here........

Thanks for any help

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

engrssc

Re: Mono Vs Stereo upload in Contrabombarde

PostSat Feb 20, 2010 9:02 am

For "kicks", have you tried uploading in mono? (Testing 1,2,3) :? Do you have any method to "test" the mp3 version?

Rgds,
Ed

kiwiplant

PostSat Feb 20, 2010 12:17 pm

Maybe Audacity has different settings than iTunes.
http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Does it play in stereo on your computer before uploading it?

B777Captain

PostSat Feb 20, 2010 1:03 pm

In iTunes, you can click on a piece of music in your list (my songs) and select the "get info" menu which tells you what format the song is in and if it's stereo or mono. Each and every time I have checked, it says it's an MP3 and it's in Stereo mode. Seemingly all ok and exactly what I want.

It appears to me that as I record it onto HW software, it's not even transfering over as Stereo. I have plugged my headphones into the mac computer running the whole show and as I listen to just recorded music in it's WAV form, it's again all in Mono.

I just can't figure this out..........

: >(

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostSat Feb 20, 2010 1:47 pm

Hello Pat,

I am not sure how Classic set up the Hauptwerk audio settings for you prior to shipping your system, but my guess would be that if you are using multi-channel audio that each output is sent to the speakers as a mono channel, thus the recorded output will sound mono, but recorded as a stereo channel file (both left and right channels will contain the mono recordings, so they will appear as stereo according to any audio application, but will still sound mono since the left and right channels are duplicates of the same mono channel).

If you want a standard stereo recording with all channels mixed you can create an aux mixdown. See the tutorials page for how to accomplish this www.hauptwerk.com/tutorials. Set the Recording output to none for all channels except for the mix down channels. When all other channels are routed to the mix down they will be recorded as a single stereo track. Then you should be able to convert to MP3 and upload the stereo file to the site.

If you are not using multi-channel audio then just check under General settings \ Audio outputs that the output channel format is set to stereo and that the Rank audio output routing settings when loading an order are also set to stereo and not mono.

If you need a specific question answered as to how your system was set up then I think that you would need to ask Darryl about that since he should know being the person who configured your system.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall