It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:58 am

Chat Notifications

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

dwood

Chat Notifications

PostMon Mar 29, 2010 2:31 pm

I have had some users wonder why people aren't responding to the chat feature we installed at www.contrebombarde.com.

The reason may be that people don't know when they are being contacted. If you don't have the chat function open, the only notification you will get is the header or tab that Contrebombarde is open in will flash "new messages". So keep your eye out for friends trying to contact you while you're browsing around the site.

I haven't heard a whole lot of feedback on the chat function so far. However, I hope you've tried it out or are busy enjoying it.

Darryl

jocr

Re: Chat Notifications

PostMon Jul 12, 2010 2:33 am

withdrawn, no comment
Last edited by jocr on Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

amateurorganist

PostFri Nov 19, 2010 10:36 am

I only discovered this feature the other day. Someone had left a message on it criticising one of my performances.

dwood

PostFri Nov 19, 2010 11:21 am

Sorry for the negative experience.

Was it just "random abuse" or an actual conversation over artistic artistic differences?

I hope it was some sort of conversation or someone trying to start a conversation. Were they trying to help since your name is "amateurorg"? Some people don't always do things diplomatically.

Regardless, I hope you are able to use the chat function for some great conversations in the future.

Darryl

amateurorganist

PostFri Nov 19, 2010 12:02 pm

dwood wrote:Sorry for the negative experience.

Was it just "random abuse" or an actual conversation over artistic artistic differences?

I hope it was some sort of conversation or someone trying to start a conversation. Were they trying to help since your name is "amateurorg"? Some people don't always do things diplomatically.

Regardless, I hope you are able to use the chat function for some great conversations in the future.

Darryl

No, I didn't take it as negative. I had no idea the chat feature existed.

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall