It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 am

Performance Midifiles

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

jocr

Re: Performance Midifiles

PostFri Jul 30, 2010 9:50 am

giwro wrote:I would be willing to sell some of my MIDI files, but (until HW 4 arrives) you'd have to configure them to go with your setup.
It would also have to be limited to the Public Domain works or any that Evensong distributes that the composers would be willing to allow...

Currently available MIDIs for sale: http://www.virtuallybaroque.com/midinstr.htm

James Pressler
Last edited by jocr on Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:31 am, edited 28 times in total.

eajohnson

PostWed Aug 25, 2010 1:46 pm

Very very cool, James. I have been listening to your MIDI files over the web sites (yours, CB and various sample set producers) but for some reason wasn't aware that the files were available to purchase and use. In addition to being organist at my home church I set up the music for services at two small rural congregations, neither of which have an organist or musician of any kind available. I put together a simple system at each using Ahlborn expander boxes (did this pre-Hauptwerk days) and send a service with MIDI files of preludes, hymns, liturgy etc by e-mail to them every Sunday. I don't use MIDI registrations since the Ahlborn box already has it's own pistons hardwired in the box. I am looking at the unregistered and the Liturgical Use files now and will certainly be getting those shortly. They would certainly help expand the scope of quality music I can send them!
Owner of an old Schober homebuilt, midified and Hauptwerkified.

jocr

PostWed Aug 25, 2010 2:26 pm

Thanks for sharing. I did something like this for a virtual church a long time ago using GM files, my partner in this endeavor did the liturgy and hymnody, I provided the voluntaries.

I hope you are enjoying the fies I sent you. In honor of the beginning of the liturgical year, I have discounted this package $50.00 until December 4, 2010:

http://www.virtuallybaroque.com/seas.htm

James Pressler
Previous

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall