It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:50 am

Suggestions for Contrebombarde

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

JimB

Suggestions for Contrebombarde

PostSat Jun 26, 2010 5:26 pm

Please add more page links at the bottom of the page, like most search engines. With so many fine pieces uploaded to the site, even with 50 pieces per page, it is slow to find a composer or a piece that is in the middle of the alphabet. Google has 10 pages on either side of the current page.
Another idea is to be able to select a piece then select the sort and your selection is at the top of the curent page, no matter where it is alphabetically.

organtechnology

Re: Suggestions for Contrebombarde

PostSat Jun 26, 2010 9:56 pm

Jim,

I think it will search on the column heads and present a page with only them on it. i.e posted by = jocr you get a list by date of James' uploads. This is recent and very welcome.

Pax,

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

jocr

PostMon Jun 28, 2010 12:07 pm

organtechnology wrote:I think it will search on the column heads and present a page with only them on it. i.e posted by = jocr you get a list by date of James' uploads. This is recent and very welcome.

Clicking on a heading within the filtered output will toggle between reverse and regular order, allowing you to see the most and least number of plays, etc. It looks like there is no problem searching to accented characters - for "Kopřiva" just ask for "Kopriva" - or searching within a title for a phrase like "after Vivaldi". Rob may be modifying the code as I type, so I'll give it a rest.

I suppose an advanced search function might be useful also, i.e., "jocr" and "reger". I use filters extensively to see if a particular piece has already been shared.

James Pressler
Last edited by jocr on Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:33 am, edited 4 times in total.

Stefanussen

PostMon Jun 28, 2010 1:06 pm

Thanks for these suggestions. We'll put them in the queue of things to consider.
Rob Stefanussen

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall