It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:49 pm

Concert Hall hijacked by TPO fans?

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

TheOrganDoc

Re: Concert Hall hijacked by TPO fans?

PostSun Dec 12, 2010 3:12 pm

Welcom John,

Please visit the Paramount website if you have not yet done so ,
you will find lots of info there, as well as many fine audio samples ! :D

http://www.ParamountOrganWorks.com

Best wishes,
Mel..............TheOrganDoc...............

engrssc

PostSun Dec 12, 2010 8:02 pm

B. Milan wrote:The Hauptwerk 4 MIDI recorder/player will play back a MIDI file exactly as it was recorded.

Including mistakes? :oops:

Speaking of features maybe a future "enhancement" would be an output for a (controlled LED) that could function as a metronome or such so as to "help" synchronize a recorded MIDI file with simultaneous, live playing? Maybe an extra MIDI track recording the beat? I know that's asking a lot. Could almost be like playing with four hands and several feet. :shock:

I do sorta something like that by recording a piano (stop) track and while playing it back, accompany that piano track with an organ stop. If you do it right, sounds kinda cool. 8)

One more question - how many MIDI files can be saved - depends on the track size and the size of the HD? If I recall, MIDI files are reasonably small, yes?

Rgds,
Ed
Last edited by engrssc on Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B. Milan

Site Admin

PostSun Dec 12, 2010 10:15 pm

engrssc wrote:
B. Milan wrote:The Hauptwerk 4 MIDI recorder/player will play back a MIDI file exactly as it was recorded.

Including mistakes? :oops:

Speaking of features maybe a future "enhancement" would be an output for a (controlled LED) that could function as a metronome or such so as to "help" synchronize a recorded MIDI file with simultaneous, live playing? Maybe an extra MIDI track recording the beat? I know that's asking a lot. Could almost be like playing with four hands and several feet. :shock:

I do sorta something like that by recording a piano (stop) track and while playing it back, accompany that piano track with an organ stop. If you do it right, sounds kinda cool. 8)

One more question - how many MIDI files can be saved - depends on the track size and the size of the HD? If I recall, MIDI files are reasonably small, yes?

Rgds,
Ed

Hello Ed,

Yes, mistakes and all! Of course you may always open the recorded MIDI file in an external MIDI editor (e.g. Sonar) and edit any mistakes if you so desire.

We do have a metronome option already in our enhancements database. We'll discuss the possibility of having an LED output option.

If you want you may also play back a recorded MIDI file in the Hauptwerk 4 MIDI player then overdub yourself while playing the file back, so in a sense you have somewhat of a "multi-track" recorder. This can be useful for learning a new piece and perhaps recording the hands first then pedal later so you can practice separate parts.

MIDI files are very small, they can be as small as 1KB or larger depending on the length and amount of MIDI data. It is only limited by the size of your hard drive as to how many files you can save, there are no limits in Hauptwerk.
Brett Milan
Owner
MILAN DIGITAL AUDIO

engrssc

PostMon Dec 13, 2010 5:44 am

Good news, Brett, on all fronts, even bordering on fantastic !! :)

Now if you could do something about this cold and snowy winter. But OTOH,
it's a great time to be indoors and doing H/W. 8) (Cool? no the word is cold, at least here. Wind chill expected to be -15 F today.)

Rgds,
Ed
Previous

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall