It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:25 am

map icons ?

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

kiwiplant

map icons ?

PostFri Nov 26, 2010 1:04 am

What do "Confirmed Hauptwerk host" and "MIDI Works Hauptwerk expert" mean on the map?

sonar11

Re: map icons ?

PostFri Nov 26, 2010 8:31 am

I think the contrebombarde hall is run by midiworks.ca? My guess is that "Confirmed Hauptwerk Host" means that that person is willing to show you their hauptwerk setup, and "MIDI Works Hauptwerk expert" means that they have installed the equipment from midiworks.ca and are somewhat knowledgeable about it...

dwood

Re: map icons ?

PostTue Dec 21, 2010 12:24 pm

Hi. Sorry for the delay.

Since the default of Contrebombarde.com is to participate in the locator program, it became hard to determine who was willing to be a host and who was not.

At the same time, we really want people to be able to visit someone who owns Hauptwerk in order to experience it in person.

I have gotten manual email requests very often from people looking for someone near them to ask about seeing their Hauptwerk system. Because I know who has our products, what kind of system they have, and where they are, I am able to ask those customers directly if they are willing.

Those people have always graciously and enthusiastically agreed. Those people are the ones who show up as Confirmed Hauptwerk Host.

The "MIDI Works Hauptwerk Expert" is someone who we are working with who owns our products and who offers some other Hauptwerk related service or product. We'll hopefully be working with more of those sorts of folks in 2011. Note: that person is not necessarily endorsed by Hauptwerk LLC.

Overall, the aim is to make things easier to find someone where you can reliably experience Hauptwerk first hand. Not everyone can make it up to our shop.

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall