It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:09 pm

Palestrina Easter hymn, HW3 St. Annes Moseley

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

John Murdoch

Palestrina Easter hymn, HW3 St. Annes Moseley

PostSat Apr 23, 2011 6:43 pm

Friends,

I have just posted a new file to the Contrebombarde Concert Hall:

http://www.contrebombarde.com/concerthall/music/5034

This is the Palestrina hymn for Easter that is SOOOO written for pipe organ. As I note in my file upload, I posted it for three reasons:

First, because I've spent a bunch of time on it this week, and most of the day today. This is a perfect piece to show off Hauptwerk (daughter #2 is home for the weekend, visiting), as well as some new M-Audio studio reference speakers that followed me home from the sound shop. ("They won't eat much food--can I keep them?")

Second, because this recording was done with Hauptwerk 3 and the St. Annes Moseley sound set. My notion is to carefully write down the registration settings (I'd better, or I'll have forgotten them by tomorrow morning!), and then repeat the performance next week, after I install Hauptwerk 4 with the newly re-recorded St. Annes sound set. That way folks (including me!) could better understand what the new sound set affords us.

And third, to persuade my church session that I really need a new subwoofer to do justice to the last four bars of this piece.

Have a most blessed Easter!

John Murdoch
Hauptwerk 3 | St. Annes Moseley | Sibelius 6.2
HP Pavilion dv7 with Beats Audio, ASIO4ALL

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall