It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:09 am

Is Contrebombarde a public space?

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

jocr

Is Contrebombarde a public space?

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 10:47 am

With regards to the Free Edition of Hauptwerk, which I am using until I get better control of my life and machinery, does posting a piece there consttitute a restricted public performance. My latest post was created using only a few stops from St. Anne's, Moseley, in stereo on my msi minilaptop with only 1GB of memory, expandable to 2.
http://www.contrebombarde.com/concerthall/music/5038

When the expansion happens I would like to post more, and am hoping to get Rodgers users to purchase Hauptwerk by posting demos of registered Bach By Immersion files:
http://www.frogmusic.com/complete_bach_midi_for_all_.html
as a means of selling more of those, and thus to urge more people, including Rodgers users, to explore the new Hauptwerk. I could get someone with a properly licensed installation to do this, but I was hoping to demonstrate out-of-the-box solutions on minimum hardware rather than custom ones.

James Pressler
Last edited by jocr on Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mdyde

Re: Is ContreBombarde a public space?

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 11:25 am

Hello James,

Using Hauptwerk to create MIDI or audio files for public download from the Internet (Contrabombarde or elsewhere) definitely doesn't make your Hauptwerk installation a public one, and thus doesn't need a public installation licence.

However, the Free Edition isn't allowed to be used for public performances (including publishing to the Internet).

We did actually send you an email offering you a free Hauptwerk v4 licence upgrade before Christmas during the beta testing period in support of your work (although perhaps you didn't see that due to your time in hospital), so there's no need for you to be using the Free Edition. If you didn't already take us up on that offer, please just send us a licence update request file and we'll enable v4 for you now. Thanks.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

jocr

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 11:37 am

Thanks, Martin,

Indeed that escaped my attention since I was "out of it" for a very long time. Thanks very much. After I upgrade the msi computer I will be limited to 2 GB, but I'm sure there's room for some wonderful samplesets. The ones I had are in storage right now, along with my dongle (have a spare USB port, but it is totally exposed and subject to a lot of wear and tear since my little bedside table is used for lunch and meds and lab procedures a well as a workstation). I can't really get a proper workstation into my small space, but I can probably do some fun things that will show what a one-handed old man can do with a $300 laptop and some MIDI files and the help of many generous frends.

James Pressler
Last edited by jocr on Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

engrssc

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 12:27 pm

Must say, Martin, your (above) kindness is very commendable.

Rgds,
Ed

jocr

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 12:46 pm

Perhaps it was my avatar!!

James Pressler

engrssc

PostMon Apr 25, 2011 1:30 pm

jocr wrote:Perhaps it was my avatar!!

There's a resemblance to Einstein, which I say in a complimentary way.
All the best, James.

Rgds,
Ed

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall