Search:
Submit Search

NEW - Contrebombarde.com Upgrades

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.

Moderator: dwood

Re: NEW - Contrebombarde.com Upgrades

Postby mimiami » Sat May 21, 2011 5:29 pm

When using Safari, I have the same problem with playback that Iain reported ... yellow/orange bar and no playback. Using Firefox, playback works fine.

Mike
mimiami

Postby cdekter » Sat May 21, 2011 7:18 pm

Ah yes, this does appear to be a Javascript caching issue. A forced refresh fixed the issue for me. Anyone experiencing problems, you'll need to do a forced refresh on each page where you are having problems.
cdekter

Postby dwood » Wed May 25, 2011 6:58 pm

Ok. For the moment, we have moved Safari back to using Flash instead of HTML5 since Safari is mis-behaving.

Safari for iOS remains in HTML5 and works well (as far as I am hearing)

Darryl
dwood

Postby James » Sun May 29, 2011 7:00 am

I applaud the work the Coonterbombarde team has done to bring us this wonderful service. I did notice, however, that the
category (baroque, modern, romantic, etc) notation on the browse page seems to be gone. As I do not recognize all the composers, I have to click on the piece to decide if I want to listen to it. I would appreciate very much having this this time saving feature back.

James
James

Postby Stefanussen » Sun May 29, 2011 10:55 am

James, thanks for the feedback. I removed Genre a couple of days ago in an attempt to de-clutter the browse page. It caused fewer titles to wrap, and I did not think Genre was being used for much of anything. I've got no problem putting it back in, but I'd be curious, are there any other opinions on this matter?
Rob Stefanussen
Stefanussen

Postby organtechnology » Sun May 29, 2011 11:52 am

I would like to sort on genre to narrow the field and avoid the testing pieces that are sometime awful.
I would also enjoy a green LIVE box that is not quite so visually outstanding and maybe even add a MIDI box in blue?
Pax,
Thomas
Complete VPO systems powered by Hauptwerk™. Real Wood Consoles, PC or MAC Computer Sound Modules, Audio for Home or Church.
info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com

Authorized Hauptwerk Dealer; Milan Digital Audio Dealer..
organtechnology

Postby John Murdoch » Mon May 30, 2011 2:02 pm

Rob--

I'd appreciate having the genre column as well. I'm a newbie, and while I'm familiar with some composers names, there are lots of composers I do not recognize.

I sometimes use Contrebombarde to find new music--listen to something, find a piece of music that's really interesting, then explore WIMA or other online archives for more music from the same composer. Having the genre of the piece on the web site helps me browse through new music to find interesting composers whose catalogs I then explore.

Thanks very much for doing this.

JM
John Murdoch

Postby polikimre » Mon May 30, 2011 6:46 pm

A curious problem, maybe a browser issue. Using chrome under win 7, when listening to a track in it's own page and then switching the tab in the browser, the music stops. If i go back to the music page tab, it starts again.

It keeps playing if I switch to another program, though.
polikimre

Postby kiwiplant » Mon May 30, 2011 7:41 pm

Is there a way to prevent the music from playing immediately when a song page opens? Have it wait until the play button is clicked.
kiwiplant

Previous

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall