Search:
Submit Search

Safari not playing nice with new CB Hall Upgrades

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.

Moderator: dwood

Safari not playing nice with new CB Hall Upgrades

Postby Keys61 » Mon May 23, 2011 3:14 am

Hi,
I've been having trouble getting files to play on the CB Concert Hall when using Safari (5.0.5 on my Imac) I get the dreaded Orange bar.... even when I click on the orange bar it sometimes will not start, and if I click the download button, it goes to a new screen but doesn't want to play there either. If I click on the scrub-bar it will sometimes play, but not always. I've tried the forced refresh (Shift-refresh), and complete reset of Safari to no avail. I have no trouble with FireFox, nor do I seem to have trouble when using "mobile" Safari on my Ipad.

It's not the end of the world, but I thought I would let you know, not as a complaint but as a report.

Thanks for making the Concert Hall available, and for the new upgrades! Maybe I should report the following also: my mom loves the ContreBombarde Concert Hall... as she lives in Arizona and I in Michigan, and now she gets to hear her baby boy play the organ without taking a trip. I would guess I'm not the only one that is true for. :-) Thanks for that side benefit.
Steve Schlesing
Keys61

Re: Safari not playing nice with new CB Hall Upgrades

Postby jonr » Mon May 23, 2011 8:55 am

Keys61 wrote:Hi,
I've been having trouble getting files to play on the CB Concert Hall when using Safari (5.0.5 on my Imac) I get the dreaded Orange bar....

I'm having the same problem (Safari 5.0.5 and iMac, Snow Leopard 10.6.7). Yesterday after rebooting the computer I was able to listen to one audio offering, but when I attempted to listen to the file a second time, I got the orange bar.

In any case I was able to watch your embedded You-Tube video of the Star Spangled Banner. Excellent. Thanks.

Regards,
Jon
jonr

Postby CHRIS 037 » Mon May 23, 2011 9:08 am

FYI:

My iPad with Safari is now playing Concert Hall tunes just fine, as well as playing the imbeded YouTube's. But, I was not able to download the midi file posted there for the Paramount 3/32. The error message said that the file was not down-loadable(?).

I haven't tried the Mac Pro's yet.

Leo Chris.
CHRIS 037

Postby Stefanussen » Mon May 23, 2011 11:41 am

I am able to reproduce this problem intermittently.

Thanks for the heads up, I'll do the best I can to find a resolution to this odd problem. In the meantime, I hope that using a different browser will be an acceptable workaround.
Rob Stefanussen
Stefanussen

Postby Keys61 » Mon May 23, 2011 3:09 pm

Stefanussen wrote:I'll do the best I can to find a resolution to this odd problem. In the meantime, I hope that using a different browser will be an acceptable workaround.

Rob.... thank you very much, and using a different browser is not only acceptable, but quite easy to do. Thanks for looking into it.
Steve Schlesing
Keys61

Postby Stefanussen » Wed May 25, 2011 11:48 am

I implemented a fix for this and am unable to reproduce this problem any more. Please let me know if the same is true for you :-)
Rob Stefanussen
Stefanussen

Postby jonr » Wed May 25, 2011 1:05 pm

Stefanussen wrote:I implemented a fix for this and am unable to reproduce this problem any more. Please let me know if the same is true for you :-)

Yes Rob, it works fine for me now. Thank you very much.

Regards,
Jon
jonr

Postby Keys61 » Wed May 25, 2011 1:22 pm

Keys61 wrote:I get the dreaded Orange bar....

Stefanussen wrote:I implemented a fix for this and am unable to reproduce this problem any more. Please let me know if the same is true for you :-)

Thank you Rob..... the technical glitches I reported have magically disappeared also. Are you a magician and a musician? Thanks for looking into this so quickly. I really like the new upgrades to the Concert Hall.
Steve Schlesing
Keys61

Postby imcg110 » Wed May 25, 2011 2:07 pm

Thanks Rob - working fine for me to.
Give Harry, Ron and Hermione my regards :-)
imcg110

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall