It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:02 am

New Site Player and Shuffle Function

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

dwood

New Site Player and Shuffle Function

PostTue May 31, 2011 1:31 pm

Today we implemented a new site player for the Uploads page.

Clicking on "most recent" will create a pop out player with the most recent items.

This one is very exciting for me.

Clicking on "Shuffle" will randomly pick items from the entire site. We have had many people asking how to revive pieces that have fallen from the front page. So this will help with that.

Each piece selected in the random shuffle will also have a "view" tab beside it so you can go to the original listen page to comment or find out more about the piece.

Keep watching http://www.contrebombarde.com for more developments that are coming.

Upgrade clue: What's a "concert hall" without concerts?

pbembower

Re: New Site Player and Shuffle Function

PostThu Jun 02, 2011 9:04 pm

I really miss the old player, with its "play all" function, along with the ability to sort the listings by column headings in ascending or descending directions. There are times when I want to listen only to one artist artist or instrument. Do you plan to reintroduce that ability to the player, or have I just missed how to do those things?

dwood

Re: New Site Player and Shuffle Function

PostFri Jun 03, 2011 8:52 am

The "Most Recent" button now replaces the "Play All" function. It plays them in order just like before.

We have a feature coming that, I think, is going to make you pretty happy regarding the rest of your concerns.

Thanks for the feedback.

Darryl

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall