It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:53 am

Naiades

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

OrganoPleno

Naiades

PostMon Aug 29, 2011 2:38 pm

Hello!

I've just uploaded my performance of Louis Vierne's "Naiades". Performed from a hand-crafted MIDI-file featuring the Caen Cavaille-Coll, with fine attention to articulation, phrasing, and dynamics (using the Swell Pedal). I consider this to be a "good as live" performance.

The Hauptwerk-generated MIDI file is also included, and a link to the score on-line (be sure to include the final parenthesis in the URL).

Besides the usual MP-3 upload, I attempted (twice) a separate upload of this piece as a 16-bit WAV file. This seems not to have gone through. First attempt was directly from a flash drive, second was from a Hard Drive. I can't tell if the upload simply failed for some unknown reason, or if it is stuck somewhere inside the ContreBombarde website waiting for things to get sorted out.

If it doesn't show up by tomorrow, I could always try again, hoping for better luck.

dwood

Re: Naiades

PostMon Aug 29, 2011 3:07 pm

We're actually having a problem with the WAV converter and the subscription feeds at Contrebombarde.com right now.

For now, just upload items in mp3 format.

The programmers are a bit overloaded at the moment. However, they're working on it.

D

OrganoPleno

PostMon Aug 29, 2011 3:12 pm

dwood wrote:We're actually having a problem with the WAV converter and the subscription feeds at Contrebombarde.com right now.

No problem. Thanks for the note, it's always good to know what's happening.

To my ears, the MP-3 and the 16-bit WAV file sound essentially identical (playing both through the same ASIO driver on WinAmp, and listening with our Hauptwerk Headphones), so I'll probably just leave well-enough alone.

dwood

PostMon Aug 29, 2011 3:54 pm

Yes. The WAV converter was more for convenience than sound quality. Soon it will be convenient once more...

D

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall