It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:44 am

New Christmas CD on CCH

Discuss and share submissions to the Contrebombarde website.
  • Author

Hoofdwerk

New Christmas CD on CCH

PostThu Oct 06, 2011 11:35 pm

As soon as I received version 2 of Caen for testing and demos, I knew I had to record some of my favorite 19th century Christmas music on it. Well, after several months of work and what seems like 1000 re-takes (for good reason - it probably was...), I've finished the CD, which will be a present to family and friends this year.

As I ready artwork and get it duplicated, I thought that while it is rather early for Christmas music (sorry), the folks on the forum might like to hear the music now since there is still plenty of time to learn new things for the holidays this year.

Most of the music is easily found on the IMSLP website or in inexpensive Kalmus or Masters publications. I've created a playlist to aid in listening. I hope you enjoy it... I would bet that most selections will be new for most people. Most of it is in the easy to medium range of difficulty.

As I listen to the results, I feel compelled thank Jiri, Martin, Brett, and all others who had a hand in giving us all such a fantastic way to experience and share the sounds of all these majestic, historic, beautiful instruments.

Hauptwerk Rocks.

Cheers,
Erik

mdyde

Re: New Christmas CD on CCH

PostFri Oct 07, 2011 5:15 am

Thanks, Erik.

Hope the CD's a big success!
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Contrebombarde Concert Hall