Search:
Submit Search

Cant' there be a EASIER way to upload....???

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...

Cant' there be a EASIER way to upload....???

Postby B777Captain » Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:40 pm

Wow..

I've just spent 30 minutes trying to upload photos and... I give up. And yes, I see others have uploaded some pics.

Why can't there be a simple "paper clip" to click on bringing up a list of options including photos to choose from to upload into the post?

Not only could I not upload following directions, it caused my photo app to "unexpectedly quit" several times!

Gentlemen... There HAS to be an easier way!!! I'm not an IT guy but C'mon.....

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada
B777Captain

Re: Cant' there be a EASIER way to upload....???

Postby Grant_Youngman » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:13 am

What photo service or other accessible server are you using to host the photos you're trying to post? You can't actually 'upload' a photo directly to HW from your PC.

It's unclear what would be causing your photo app to crash — you can simply export the photo from your photo app and then upload the file to an on-line photo sharing server (such as FLICKR or others).

Once you've done that you copy/paste the URL that points to your photo in between the image tags generated in the draft post by the "Img" button on the compose page toolbar.
Grant
Grant_Youngman

Postby engrssc » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:37 am

Posting a photo on such as a Forum is different than cut, copy and paste as you would in an email, always has been that way. Not on just the Hauptwerk Forum, but on others as well. As Grant asked, what photo posting service are you using? Be aware, there is a (picture) size restriction.

For instance, from Photobucket, here's a picture of an old project I was working on:

I do notice that on the free version of Photobucket, there are all kinds of pop up ads to deal with and that older uploaded pictures appear to be blurry. (low resolution). But that's true with many other internet services. It's the ads that pay for these "so called free" services. There is a commercial (for pay) service available on Photobucket as well.

For others that formerly used Photobucket, your uploaded pictures are still available and your old login (user name or email and password) are still valid. Uploads are still possible. Photobucket plants a cookie on your computer so it can monitor/track you. How much and what they do beyond that, I don't know. A guess would be, they look for trends in your browsing habits in order to "overwhelm" you with ads for stuff you look at. Probably sell this (trend) info as well. This mode of operation is true for many other sites these days as well. :mrgreen: Case in point - The Weather Channel. It takes longer to download all the ads than does the weather info. And then there's the (for pay) ad eliminators. :roll: Go figure. No free lunches anymore :cry:

Rgds,
Ed
engrssc

Postby 1961TC4ME » Fri Feb 16, 2018 5:11 pm

I guess I have to agree with Pat on this one. Although I have been successful posting pics in the past, in general it's a pain in the rear end. :mrgreen:

Marc
1961TC4ME

Postby engrssc » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:15 pm

And I see Photobucket still doesn't work even tho it did for a short time (above). So forget that option.

As well,for the most part, posting pictures appears not worth the effort even tho many times, a pictures is worth 1K words.. :mrgreen:

Rgds,
Ed
engrssc

Postby phjo » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:52 am

picasaweb, now replaced with google photos, has served me well. Links from 2013 are still ok it seems according to an old thread I initiated here. And if you're not too unreasonable, it is free I think. (Just checked, I still have over 11Go available to add new pics, so...)

For those using iCloud, it shoud be easy too I suppose.

So for those wishing to include pictures in posts here, I would suggest to get acquainted with one or the other cloud service allowing to share pictures with family and friends, and starting from that, it should be easy to get links to those pictures and post them here.
phjo

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems