It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:32 am

My Console Project almost complete

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...
  • Author

engrssc

Re: My Console Project almost complete

PostSat Jun 20, 2020 1:32 pm

Can't tell exactly, but if the right most expr pedal is used as a crescendo, generally it would be mounted approx 1/2" higher than the other expr peds. Some builders also add a little extra space between it and the pedal mounted to it's left. The idea being tryinf to avoid accidentally moving the cresc ped.

Rgds,
Ed

jcrowley

PostMon Jun 22, 2020 10:42 pm

Hi Ed!

I did think of the spacing change - however the expression pedals can be customized for each instrument. The Expression shoes are generally (I/Choir/Positiv) (III/Swell) (IV or II Great or Solo or Echo) or the far right shoe can be also a crescendo jalousie schweller. I have the approprate LED's now to provide for both instances.

The original Haygren configuration is what you see - I used the entire mechanism after restoring it. I am also going to use the potentiometers from my Samson keyboards - I have to figure out exactly how to do that, but since I am now using the original Haygren console base as my base it has the center portion all ready cut out. I can either put the Potentiometers above the pedals or below the hole in the base. Otherwise they will interfere with my computer case which is 22" x 21" x 9.5". I am trying to keep things more streamlined this time.

I will also add retractable wheels for ease of movement plus the whole shebang has to be about 6" higher due to the Haygren Pedalboard size.

engrssc

PostMon Jun 22, 2020 11:44 pm

I did make some modifications to the console when we owned it due to the wishes of the of the organists.

Rgds,
Ed.
Previous

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems