It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:41 am

Marc's set-up

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...
  • Author

1961TC4ME

Marc's set-up

PostSat Mar 03, 2012 4:41 pm

Hello all,
Attempting to post some snapshots of my set-up, and I think I've got it figured out.

1961 Allen console converted to MIDI using various parts and peices robbed from Casio and M-Audio keyboards for the manuals, and a ped-mux32 encoder board for the pedalboard. When found, the thing had sat for 25+ years in an elderly woman's house who used to play it at a church in Minneapolis, MN. The pedalboard was standing on end in one corner covered in dust and cobwebs, and the finish on the console was nearly gone resulting from water damage as it served duty as a plant stand for several years, mice :shock: had also called it home at some point. It was what we might refer to as a total "basket case," but hey, it was free! 8) A complete gutting of old electronics, followed by sanitizing, stripping, staining and revarnishing of every wooden part ensued.

Here's a close-up showing the control / function panel at the left of the console, cut out, resized and framed from the M- Audio 61es keyboard (look familiar to anyone?), and a Korg Nano Key (center of console) I'm currently using as the thumb pistons for various registrations I've saved. The actual thumb pistons on the console do not function as of now. The swell pedal works, no crescendo pedal as of yet but I can assign either the M Audio volume slider as the crescendo, or assign the swell pedal the other way around. One of the things that's very cool about 4.0 HW! :D

A few have asked to see my audio set-up and speaker layout. No laughing now! Mostly old junk but it sounds very good! 3 amps (Pioneer, JVC, AudioSource) 2- BBE Sonic Maximizers, an old Tascam 4 track recorder / mixer I use for enhancing / controlling the rear channels, and a total of 11 speakers in all if I want to use them all.

One side of the 4 front sets of speakers, JBL Pro desktops (sound good for their size), Polk T15's (mid speakers), KLH (top speakers) and at the furthest out 2-way Yamaha's (which I generally don't use), and the bottom pictue is of the back speakers and (cheap) sub.

Sorry, probably should have cleaned up the joint a little more first! :oops:

Marc

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems