It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:54 am

My work in progress

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...
  • Author

Johannes Sørensen

Re: My work in progress

PostSat Nov 01, 2014 1:14 pm

Nice work, simple and functional.

'caper1' wrote:
The only glitch is to figure out how to keep the console from sliding around on the slippery surface, any suggestions would be welcome.

The easiest method, I can think of, is to use pieces of double sided adhesive tape, and its own weight will hold it in place. That should be sufficient and no screw holes.

Best regards
Johannes

caper1

PostSat Nov 01, 2014 1:49 pm

Thanks for the positive comments. I was hesitant to deface the nice surface of my table so found some sort of woven plastic coasters that positioned under the cheeks give enough resistance to keep everything in place, yet easily moved if necessary. Now back to practise.

pat17

PostSun Nov 02, 2014 12:54 am

Very nice console, congrats for the project completion! 8)

mattnbin

PostSun Nov 02, 2014 9:37 pm

Lovely setup.
Job well done!!

Are you going to install the pistons in the lowest manual?
It looks a little naked without them.

regards,
Matt

caper1

PostTue Nov 04, 2014 8:23 am

mattnbin wrote:Lovely setup.
Job well done!!

regards,
Matt

That would certainly be the finishing touch. Classic http://www.midiworks.ca makes a black metal piece to cover that space. But I'm thinking of a more home-made solution. Any suggestions would be welcome. By the way the piston manuals cost $1448 and the ones without pistons are only $596. I have found that 40 pistons are more than I need. Thanks for your suggestion though.

profeluisegarcia

PostTue Nov 04, 2014 10:29 am

caper1 wrote: I have found that 40 pistons are more than I need. Thanks for your suggestion though.

Hello.
I just placed a painted sheet of wooden to cover a similar space between my CMk´s
If you like, give me a mail address to send you pictures.
Luis

mattnbin

PostWed Nov 05, 2014 6:18 pm

caper1 wrote:
mattnbin wrote:Lovely setup.
Job well done!!

regards,
Matt

That would certainly be the finishing touch. Classic http://www.midiworks.ca makes a black metal piece to cover that space. But I'm thinking of a more home-made solution. Any suggestions would be welcome. By the way the piston manuals cost $1448 and the ones without pistons are only $596. I have found that 40 pistons are more than I need. Thanks for your suggestion though.

WOW! that is a huge price difference for pistons/non pistons. At least Classic seem to have moved away from installing the unusual square pistons. Your manuals look great with the round ones!

I humbly suggest you might consider buying a few of your own matching pistons from a company such as Syndyne, Klann or Organ Supply Industries. They are around US$10 each including engraving if you get the ones that are not illuminated. Around $15 for lighted ones engraved to your spec.
Then you could get a piece of timber or metal - drill and paint - then mount your pistons.

The only piece of the puzzle unknown to me is if Classic have supplied a midi encoder board that has some spare connectors for pistons on that manual. This I would love to know.

Leaving that manual with a blank strip might still look a little empty compared to the other manuals. Maybe 6 would be enough to fill the gap?

regards,
Matt

caper1

PostWed Nov 05, 2014 7:25 pm

Thanks again Matt for your ideas to make my lower manual more attractive. On the subject of the keyboards, Classic still makes the ones with square pistons, apparently of a lesser quality than the round ones and they sell for 997 CAD (Canadian Dollar). I rather doubt the ones without pistons have the midi encoder board included, but you'd have to check with them about that. BTW their prices are quoted in American Dollars even though they are located in Ontario Canada. So right now, our dollar running at .87 US, the prices seem high.
Previous

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems