It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:37 am

Viscount Unico 400 and my Hauptwerk installation

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...
  • Author

micha_fr

Viscount Unico 400 and my Hauptwerk installation

PostSat Mar 10, 2012 2:38 pm

I have updated my Viscount Unico 400 with Hauptwerk. I can say that I am really happy with the result. The pipe work bought on Ebay hides the electronic equipment.

Johannes Sørensen

Re: Viscount Unico 400 and my Hauptwerk installation

PostSun Mar 11, 2012 3:45 am

Hi Micha.

A clean and nice installation, interesting to see. Where have you put/hide all the cables etc.?
And only few of us have a listening room in two storeys like yours, I suppose.

Although this is a photo section, I am curious to hear a little about your comparative experiences with the sound from your Hauptwerk installation versus the Physis Unico organ under the same conditions.
Can you play both at the same time? How do they supplement each other?

Best regards
Johannes

micha_fr

PostSun Mar 11, 2012 8:34 am

Hi Johannes,

The computer, audio devices and all the cables (there are lots) are between the console and the pipes, so that they are mostly invisible from both sides. The cables leading to the speakers are packed into two cabel channels - quite simple.

It is possible to play the Uncio as well as the Hauptwerk, even both together. I had to adapt the Unico sound configuration. At the time when I only had the Unico, I put the speakers in a way to hear the sound indirectly. For Hauptwerk the indirect monitor sound was not convincing, so that I changed the speakers' position to be myself in their direct field when playing the organ. But now it was necessary to adapt the Unico. It still sounds great - even in direct comparison with Hauptwerk - but I almost tend to say that I preferred the indirect sound constellation a little bit more. It seemed more vivid and the chiff was probably more natural, too.

Romanos

PostMon Jan 26, 2015 10:20 am

I would love to see some updates and see how your speaker setup is finally settled. It's one of my dreams to have a loft like this to put my console in.

Jmecho

PostSat Feb 07, 2015 12:11 pm

Hi Johannes,

Did you have problems setting up the Viscount pistons? I have the viscount unico 8 but pistons are not recognised by HP.

Very nice your installation

Regards,
Joaquin

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems