It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:06 am

Always evolving.

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...
  • Author

Duane

Always evolving.

PostWed Mar 28, 2012 11:55 pm

Hello,
Here are some pictures of the latest status of my organ/piano setup. Someday it might have a wood console around it but for now its just a studio-like setup. Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy it as much as I like seeing the others on here.

This is essentially an organ setup and a piano/synthesizer setup sharing the same mixer and amplifiers. Occasionally they are merged for full orchestra, brass, chimes, or percussion sounds with pipe organ.

To keep both setups and their respective keyboard types in easy reach, the top two organ style twin keyboards slide out over the digital piano (no key scraping of course). The slide is nothing more than aluminum angles screwed to a board to hold the top two keyboards and all sliding on top of wood block guides.

The thumb pistons on the lower keyboard are micro-switches installed in the front rail and attached to an encoder from Tom Scarff's site. The upper keyboard is next on the list for switches.

The organ/hauptwerk setup:
Two Studiologic SL-161 controllers
E-MU 1212m sound card with on-board reverb using their included Patchmix DSP software.
Pedals attached using a midi encoder again from Tom..
Bench: Self-made

The piano setup:
Technics sx-p50 piano with midi to a Roland JV-1080 synth module

All audio mixed to two Roland KC-500 amplifiers.

The expression pedals are also home-made and posted previously...
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=8082&p=57704&hilit=joystick#p57704

Again, thanks for looking and take care,

Duane

1961TC4ME

Re: Always evolving.

PostThu Mar 29, 2012 12:21 pm

Hey Duane,

Looks good! I at one time had a very similar set-up with 3 Casios stacked on top of each other, you came up with a better table than I did. Mine was pretty rickety!

I had a 25 note pedalboard just like that I sold to someone in TX. Is that my old pedalboard? Those scuffs on the back corners look familiar!

Marc

Duane

PostThu Mar 29, 2012 8:15 pm

Thanks Marc, I actually bought them from a repair man on the east coast about ten years ago.

Duane

Alexander_K

PostSat Mar 31, 2012 4:00 am

Hi,

This pedalboard looks familiar for me too!
It looks exactly like the pedalboard in my previous Lowrey organ, which was more than 40 years old. The contacts there were made with strings.

Alexander.
Cogito ergo sum.

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems