It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:53 am

Work starts on the refit...

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...
  • Author

notdefined

Work starts on the refit...

PostSat Jun 09, 2012 9:14 pm

The console arrived today. It looks a bit naked without the keyboards and pedals attached. Getting that accomplished is a simple task, but I have to sort out what has to happen and in what order. We did test all of the stops and couplers and they work like a charm. The stops will eventually be used, but primarily that function will fall upon a pair of 21" HP touchscreens (L2105tm) using drivers from TouchBase.

I'm really keen to get started, but right now it is dinner time.

It is Sunday, and today I dry fit the keyboards and pedalboard into and against the console respectively. The key cheeks were naturally sized for Möller keyboards so the CMK3 with their molded on standoffs do not allow the key cheeks to close properly resulting in the top of the console needing to be propped open. Rather than cut off the standoffs, which I do not care to do, I will drill shallow holes in the tops of the cheeks to receive the little pegs. Both will be concealed from view and the problem should be solved. Next, the pedalboard will not slip under the toe stud bolsters. I am hoping that I can modify the console by moving the bolsters up a slight amount thus allowing the pedalboard to slide underneath into proper position. Failing that, I will put the console on a walnut plank to shim it into position. This will take it out of AGO specs, but only by an inch. I can live with that. Later today (I hope) I will move the electronics into the console and begin hooking everything up. I don't want to work very late because I might be tempted to try it out which might get the neighbors upset.

profeluisegarcia

Re: Work starts on the refit...

PostSun Jun 10, 2012 2:47 pm

...A new star in HW galaxy is being born...
Perhaps the stop controls use solenoids and you can midify them in order to make them work with you favorite organ
Luis

notdefined

Re: Work starts on the refit...

PostSun Jun 10, 2012 3:43 pm

Sadly, the stops had pneumatic action, so converting them would be a major undertaking. Encore Organ did midify all of the controls so they would signal the controller that they had been activated. I'm compiling photos of the entire refit process on my journal at notdefined.livejournal.com. I felt posting all of those pics here might be annoying to some folk.

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems