It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:34 am

TOWARDS A… IN COLOMBIAN MOUNTAINS

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...
  • Author

profeluisegarcia

TOWARDS A… IN COLOMBIAN MOUNTAINS

PostMon Aug 27, 2012 11:05 pm

Please let me share the advancements and modifications of my Project.

My goal was –and still is but has to wait- to install the Kampen´s Hinsz (you may see: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=10456&start=0 ) but given its size and quality it is not the most readily affordable sampled organ. So, while I made savings for more RAM (following Brett´s good advice in the post) and get Basic Edition, it appears the marvelous Arlesheim´s A. Silbermann -strong like German and delicate as French- medium size organ, with the beautiful voices I need most (cromorne ,vox humana, trumpet in echo división) and -a bargain! I decided to buy it in the first place and I get the Advanced Edition (everybody´s goal, I think) for playing it at its best. A brother in law –Herman Jaramillo- looking my enthusiasm, gave me the amplification system.

Meanwhile, I have been working on the promising SCPSDFRv.1 for Hauptwerk -see the pictures- Didn´t you hear about it? Of course not, even by the posters of the next technical sections: since these fellows seem enjoy confusing us with strange acronyms in their posts… so take a piece of your own cake!... Well. Just kidding. SCPSDFR stands for: Stops Control Panel Specially Designed by my Friend Ruben. It consists of a programmed card and the hardware (my task), that is, the mechanics, for which we have two models: one with lighted home made push buttons in a square setting (left of the console), and another one with commercial push buttons (the one above the upper keyboard) very easy to make.

I think it will be very appreciated for medium and low budgeted hauptwerkians like me, since it will allow us to control in a very realistic way the stops and could be an alternative among the expensive solenoids and the not very realistic touch screens. This model works perfectly and soon Ruben will post a video (if someone is specially interested we can arrange a Skype session to show details).

Since then I have offered several recitals, and love to see the jaw dropped attendants, not for my playing but for the producers: Brett et al. HW system´s and Prof. Maier´s A. Silbermann whose amazing work I explain the best I can. Even the State´s governor (Guido Echeverry) attended one recital, he was absolutely impressed and asked me to congratulate them.

Anyhow, pictures are more eloquent than my clumsy English, so here they are:

Fotos: my friend Gonzalo Gallego
Last edited by profeluisegarcia on Fri Oct 18, 2013 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

engrssc

Re: TOWARDS A… IN COLOMBIAN MOUNTAINS

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 3:34 am

Good work. It appears, you, as well as many of us, enjoy the mechanics of creation as much as the final results. Nice setup you have. Keep us informed of future developments. Curious, tho, as to why Mr Bach appears to be "resting" in a slanted position? :?

Rgds,
Ed

profeluisegarcia

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 8:46 am

[quote="engrssc"]. Curious, tho, as to why Mr Bach appears to be "resting" in a slanted position? :?
Last edited by profeluisegarcia on Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

profeluisegarcia

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 8:49 am

...trying to get a better angle to look at his latin fan :wink:
Last edited by profeluisegarcia on Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

engrssc

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 8:58 am

L O L - translation :lol:

Rgds,
Ed

pat17

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 1:08 pm

Hi Luis,

Thank your for sharing. I like very much the way you are presenting your setup, not taking the whole matter too seriously!

In the same time, I can feel all the passion and energy you invested in your project, it's quite an achievement. You must be very proud of having such fine company (I'm speaking about the Governor, of course :mrgreen: ) attending your concerts!

I think your choice for amplification is quite good - Harman Kardon is well known for the high level of power it gives to its products. By the way, what kind of loudspeakers are you using? I couldn't recognize them.

Have you already selected which tracker keyboards you are going to chose? Any idea yet on when you plan to implement this next step?

profeluisegarcia

PostWed Aug 29, 2012 1:36 pm

pat17 wrote:Hi Luis,

Have you already selected which tracker keyboards you are going to chose? Any idea yet on when you plan to implement this next step?

Hello Pat, thanks for your encouraging messages.

The powerful speakers-lungs are BETEL. They respond very well to high, medium and low frecuencies, even to the 32of the Stehr-Mockers free organ. In regard to keyboards I only wait for the opportunity to play directly the ones offered by Organtechnology, Midi Works, or more, to decide. Also, I like the touching of Allen non fatar keyboards. Any suggestion is appreciated.
However, my next step and posting will be the SCP..., that is, my setup with the realistic control panels full functional, with different covers for the various organs I play. You will see...
Best regards,
Luis

B777Captain

PostMon Nov 19, 2012 5:43 am

profeluisegarcia wrote:...trying to get a better angle to look at his latin fan :wink:

Hi Luis.... That is quite an attractive and "easy on the eyes Latin Fan!". :-)

Mr. Bach always had good taste!!

I may be coming to Medellin for at least a week in April next year. How far is Manizales from Mde? On the google map there are several Manizales's and not sure which one you are?

I will be sharing some photos with the forum shortly myself.

Pat
Pilot Southwest Airlines
Las Vegas, Nevada

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems