It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:07 am

Schantz console conversion

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...
  • Author

Antoni Scott

Schantz console conversion

PostTue Jan 01, 2013 7:20 am

http://s1307.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... 0797570235

http://s1307.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... 2471977872

Additional toe pistons and couplers were added.The original Schantz console had the keyboards replaced with those from Classic Midi. I added Skinner-like key cheeks that I salvaged from a junked pipe organ console. I added ten more toe pistons that I slavaged from a Rodgers organ. Since the Schantz console used Reisner toe pistons ( eight on the left and four on the right) I moved the four right toe pistons over to the left and added the ten Rodgers toe pistons on the right side. I salvaged a coupler rail from a pipe organ and added them above the top manual. The monitors are touch sensitive. I retained the Schantz pedal board and just midi-fied it using Classic's serial input board. The coupler stops also used remaining inputs that were left over on the Classic serial input board. The three balanced Swell pedals had slide potentiometes added. The organ is powered by a MacPro dual quad core (2007 vintage). To the left of the left key cheeks is a headphone jack and to the right of the right key cheek I have my Mac keyboard . The mouse is wireless.
At a future date I plan to add some indicator lights for the left, middle and right balanced swell pedals.

Antoni Scott
Last edited by Antoni Scott on Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Antoni Scott

Re: Schantz console conversion

PostTue Jan 01, 2013 7:27 am

I can't get the images to display.

steve till

PostTue Jan 01, 2013 9:33 am

I can see the pictures very briefly, then it goes away.

Antoni Scott

PostTue Jan 01, 2013 9:42 am

How do I get the images to display ?

Antoni

DavidMoore

PostTue Jan 01, 2013 9:52 am

Beautiful console, Antoni! What are the L-brackets that appear above the piston boards, 3 on the right and 1 on the left of the shoe box?

David

Antoni Scott

PostTue Jan 01, 2013 11:05 am

Hi David:
Those L brackets function the same as toe pistons. I really like them because they are easy to access. I decided to use them as inter-manual couplers. The one on the left is a manual three ( top) to Manual two ( middle) coupler. The ones on the right are a III to I and a II to I coupler. The far right one I dedicated as a Sforzando since it was already labeled as such. The bottom right toe pistons I dedicated a an Octaves coupler, the a I to Ped, II to Ped and III to Ped. All the others are regular General toe pistons. I had to make a music rack since the original was missing. I only paid $400 for the entire console, pedal-board and bench. It's a Reisner console from 1980. It was going to go into a dumpster !!!!!! I really like this console because it is so ergonomic and not too bulky as are most pipe organ consoles.

Antoni

engrssc

PostTue Jan 01, 2013 11:09 am

Antoni Scott wrote:How do I get the images to display? Antoni

Nice conversion, Antoni.

To get the pictures to display here, first go to your Photobucket page where one of the pictures is displayed. On the lower right corner, left mouse click on the Img Code words. You should see to the right of that block the words Copied appear only briefly. Back on the Forum here, left mouse click Paste where you want the picture to appear. When you Submit that posting, it takes a short time for the image to be revealed within the post. Same thing for the second picture. Basically, that's it.

You can Edit those pictures into your above initial post in place of where you entered the Photobucket site information.

Hope that helps.

Rgds,
Ed

Antoni Scott

PostTue Jan 01, 2013 11:50 am

Hi Ed:
I followed your instructions but as of now they didn't post. Thanks anyway. Maybe it will take a little more time.

Antoni

engrssc

PostTue Jan 01, 2013 3:54 pm

Hi Antoni,

The "problem", if you will, is that this Forum will not accept images wider than 640 pixels. I usually edit my images in a program such as Photoshop or such. You can also edit images in Photobucket itself. I downloaded your picture and roughly edited to reduce it and uploaded it here from my Photobucket account

I did not find the second (wider view) picture from your Photobucket account. I did see it the first time I looked.

Rgds,
Ed
Last edited by engrssc on Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cvmoreau

PostTue Jan 01, 2013 4:19 pm

Ed, if you click on the first link, you'll find the picture is the second one at the bottom.

-Chris

engrssc

PostTue Jan 01, 2013 4:44 pm

Found that, too. Thanks Chis. Getting ready to watch the Rose Bowl on ESPN/ABC coming up. Son reports they are ready to go. Another one of their truck groups just finished the Cap One Bowl.

Rgds,
Ed

Antoni Scott

PostTue Jan 01, 2013 5:31 pm

Thanks for posting the image. I did use Photoshop and made the image 640 pixels wide but it was the size of a postage stamp. Maybe you can post the rest of them since I can't seem to figure it out.

Antoni

Erzahler

PostTue Jan 01, 2013 6:15 pm

Antoni, I have made your image 640 px and have it in Photobucket but don't know how to post it here. In Photoshop - image size, if you put 640 px into the width option at the top it will be the right size. Notice below for resolution it says 72 pixel/inch, that's 'screen resolution'. If you then look at the image at a higher resolution, say 300 pixels/inch (print resolution) it will look to be the size of a postage stamp but will actually look the right size when seen on screen. Now how do I get the pic from P'bucket to here?

Erzahler

PostTue Jan 01, 2013 6:31 pm

thanks engrssc, read your instructions above

engrssc

PostTue Jan 01, 2013 7:13 pm

Yeah Team ! :)

Rgds
Ed
Next

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems