It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:39 am

Rodgers 990 organ conversion

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...
  • Author

Antoni Scott

Rodgers 990 organ conversion

PostTue Jan 01, 2013 11:48 am

http://s1307.beta.photobucket.com/user/ ... 4091379781

In addition to the Schantz conversion, I experimented with a Hauptwerk conversion that used real stops instead of vitual stops that required touch sensitive screens. I took an old Rodgers 990(1969- 1970) that had 66 stops and lots of couplers. I removed all of the transistorized stuff that was installed on five swing out doors but I retained the combination action. Each stop has two magnets, one for on and one for off, same for the couplers. I had stop over-lays made by Artisan that fit nicely over the original stops. The specification was for the Sonus Paradisi Zwolle. I had a second set made for the Cavaille-Coll Caen. The stops were glued on using rubber cement and hold tightly but can be easily removed. The organ was run by a 2.7 ghz dual core Mac Mini with a 16 gig RAM upgrade.

I also rebuilt an old pipe organ console ( two manuals) and added one extra stop. These keyboards were original ivory covered so I addded the necessary contacts. The stops were re-engraved for the Sonus Paradisi Freiberg Silberman.

engrssc

Re: Rodgers 990 organ conversion

PostTue Jan 01, 2013 8:26 pm

Rgds,
Ed

ldeutsch

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 10:55 am

I remember the Rodgers 990 very well - and it looked nothing like this photo. Unless you removed more than just its electronics, I think the link to the photo is incorrect.

engrssc

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 7:01 pm

Antoni Scott wrote:I also rebuilt an old pipe organ console ( two manuals) and added one extra stop. These keyboards were original ivory covered so I addded the necessary contacts. The stops were re-engraved for the Sonus Paradisi Freiberg Silberman.

I would guess the above pipe console conversion is what is pictured in Antoni's above link, Les.

Rgds,
Ed

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems