It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:35 pm

Newborn VPO in Caracas, Venezuela

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...
  • Author

Rafael

Newborn VPO in Caracas, Venezuela

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 8:34 pm

This is my homemade VPO finished on last November. It took me 4 months to build it. All measures fulfills BDO standards:

Keyboards are M-Audio Keystation 61es. Wood of console and bench is spanish cedar, and pedalboard's is pine. The bench´s heigth is adjustable to 5 positions. The electronic of the pedalboard was supplied by R. Sowa.

In this second photo there are better views of the keyboard's cover, the pedalboard and the expression pedal, a Behringer FCV100 unit, which controls the volume of the whole organ. Perhaps I change it later to control the swell only.

I'm grateful specially to Vidar Fagerjord for his invaluable website, and to Mr. Dyde who helped me during the shopping stage. I learnt a lot by browsing the DIY board, a huge thanks to so much generous people sharing time and knowledge.

Kind regards, Rafael Chacon

1961TC4ME

Re: Newborn VPO in Caracas, Venezuela

PostFri Jan 11, 2013 12:58 am

Hello Rafael,

Being an avid woodworkder myself I can say: Outstanding work, it turned out really nice! Yet another example of the amazing DIY craftmanship I see here on the HW forum. We HW users are indeed a special group of individuals and if joined together, have the skills and ability only the best of companies could wish to have!

Marc

Rafael

PostFri Jan 11, 2013 10:48 am

Nice comment, Marc, thanks, very kind of you. Nothing better that to join together at least two great hobbies, woodworking and organ music (plus electronic, computers, software, new tools, etc). You may surely agree that being the result satisfactory, the building process was a pleasure indeed, and addictive.

1961TC4ME

PostFri Jan 11, 2013 2:44 pm

Hello Rafael,
New tools is always a good thing! :D I too have probably enjoyed the building part as much as the playing part. Just finished a sub enclousure last evening to add to my HW set-up and am planning to post a few pics of the project in "amplication" tonight. The addiction continues!

Marc

Veraeikon

PostMon Jan 14, 2013 7:30 pm

Hello Rafael,

Thanks for share your homemade console and congratulations for your great job, it's very amazing!…

My first impression when I saw your post was of surprise, because like you, I'm venezuelan too and I have my own Hw console in my house, but, not complete yet as a solid unit, now is working in pieces… but I'm thinking turn it into a solid console after. Now it's a "Frankenstein console"!

I've used three keyboards M audio keystation 61 (like yours) and the pedalboard was taken from an old organ and midified using the pedscan by Roman Sowa. This week I added the expression pedal, using the potentiometer entry of the pedscan…

I'm so glad to know another enthusiastic of Hw here and will be very good if we can meet us.

Saludos desde Caracas y de nuevo, ¡felicitaciones!

Verónica

ernst

PostMon Jan 14, 2013 9:51 pm

Hello Rafael,

What an outstanding organ console! It's the first time I see one with a (wooden) cover for the manuals. All of it looks very well done. I wish you also a lot of playing pleasure.

Mucho suerte con tu nuevo equipo.
Ernst

Rafael

PostWed Jan 16, 2013 11:46 am

New tools is always a good thing!

That´s right, Marc. Woodworking tools are my toys and I took measures to ensure that Santa Claus would come burdened on his last visit. I´ll see your new pics, thank you very much.

My first impression when I saw your post was of surprise, because like you, I'm venezuelan too and I have my own Hw console in my house.

Miss Veronica! You have no idea how much satisfactory has been to read your kind post. Firstly, I´m grateful that your very 1st. post has been devoted to the humble fruit of my efforts. Second, because you are a venezuelan organist, which I thought there weren´t at all, except for Maestro Pablo Castellanos and Maestro Jorge Sánchez; and third because, being a woman you have managed to midify a pedalboard succesfully. I know that women are able of doing that and going far beyond, but it´s not usual, even here at this forum. So, congratulations, too. On the other hand, I agree, we should meet each other and I'd like to meet also the people involved in the organ cathedra, which I had no notice about. Those are excellent news. More through private message.

What an outstanding organ console!

So kind, thanks, Ernst. Yes, a wood cover, it was the solution within my reach, and I´m glad you think it's fine. No much playing for now, because I'm building a second console and finish tired for the late evenings, which otherwise it's my time for studying and playing piano, therefore it's difficult to think in learning organ in addition.

profeluisegarcia

PostWed Jan 16, 2013 4:54 pm

Amigo, ¡FELICITACIONES! Now HW keeps growing in South America.
Luis

Rafael

PostWed Jan 16, 2013 6:54 pm

Amigo, ¡FELICITACIONES! Now HW keeps growing in South America.
Luis

Thank you very much, professor García. That´s right, and Hauptwerk growth is organ growth, which I have plans to contribute for, at least in my country.

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems