It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:58 am

My HW setup in Mexico

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...
  • Author

johnstump_organist

My HW setup in Mexico

PostSat Jan 19, 2013 10:14 am

Here is a link to a Flickr folder with pictures of my setup as it now exists in Mexico. I expanded it width wise so the two main towers could set on cabinets, this way the whole thing is free-standing and I don't have to hang it on stringers bolted to the wall, which is harder to do in Mexico with the solid brick and stucco construction.
I could no longer get the same grille cloth so the two new sections have new cloth from Acoustone. I will probably eventually change all of it out, although the old cloth is much more attractive.
I will edit down some of the fotos later to post in a message here in the forum.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/johnstump_ ... 394349961/

John
Last edited by johnstump_organist on Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

organtechnology

Re: My HW setup in Mexico

PostSat Jan 19, 2013 1:00 pm

Hi John,

You certainly deserve a pat on the back and and ¡Buen trabajo! for the result, it looks very nice.
I couldn't help but notice that the audiofire 12 (I think) is in the rack with a door on it. We have discovered that the cooling demands of that unit are fairly stringent. So if there is not anyway to get the heat out of that cabinet, I would encourage you to look into it.

Again beautiful wood working, great job.

Pax,

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

sonar11

PostSat Jan 19, 2013 1:10 pm

Very nicely done! I'm quite jealous of some of the custom HW organs floating around this forum :)

ernst

PostSat Jan 19, 2013 2:13 pm

Very beautiful, John, elegant and spacious. I also like your ceiling though...
Congratulations that moving country, house and organ seem to have very well progressed.

Ernst

johnstump_organist

PostSat Jan 19, 2013 8:19 pm

Thanks Thomas and All,
Yes that is an Audiofire12. The back on the cabinet is quite open for cable access and I have been leaving the door open when I play. I also have my EMU 0404 sitting in there to pull out when I want to play only with earphones as well as the Mac tower. The door did get closed for a while one day when it was all on, and it was warm when I opened it again, so I will have to be careful that everyone knows not to close the door in the organ is on. When I get around to giving concerts in the house, I don't know what I will do. I might drill some holes in the side of the cabinet that sits against the organ and maybe see if I can find a quiet exhaust fan to take down on my next trip back and forth.
And for Ernst, every room in the house, even the guest half-bath which is only about one meter by two meters, has "boveda" ceilings, some with copulos for light, some not. It was one of the features of the house that we liked. As well as the large sala (3.5 x 9 meters) since we plan to do house concerts a few times a year.

pe1976

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 7:54 am

Great, I love your work!

johnh

PostTue Jan 29, 2013 12:17 pm

Looks very nice John. Best wishes to you and the organ in its new home!

---john.

Keys61

PostWed Jan 30, 2013 3:27 am

Congratulation on a very nice looking setup! It looks scaled beautifully for the room. I hope you get many hours/days/months/years of enjoyment!

I do have a question. Could you give any information about the arm that your touch screen is attached to. Manufacturer, do you find it to be stable, is it attached to the console or does it just sit on top? It looks like it might be a possibility for use with my theatre organ to bring the touch screen closer to the performer. I've got mine sitting on top of the organ to the left of my music rack, but because of the sloped front on a theatre organ console it has to sit so far back, making it less the ideal for ease of use and makes it hard to read.

Thanks for any information you would care to share.
Steve Schlesing

johnstump_organist

PostWed Jan 30, 2013 10:43 am

Here is the post I made about the arm when I first acquired it.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=5977
It is very solid, holds the screen in place when you poke at it for stop changes and yet can be easily positioned just about anywhere you want. I sometimes pull a chair up in front of the computer tower and swing it around to use in that position. I've only had to adjust the tension once in four years. It comes with an allen(alan?) wrench to adjust the tension spots in the arm, and there are four screws on the enclosure that hold the tilt ball for the monitor that allow you to set the tension there.
It attaches one of two ways: 1)a clamp that is meant to hold it on the edge of a desk without having to drill the desk, or 2) you can drill a small hole through the surface and the is a steel u-bar and wing nut that clamps it down tight to the surface.
I see they have gone up in price, but it is a high quality arm, well worth I think.

http://www.innovativeessentials.com/swi ... p-139.html

John

Keys61

PostThu Jan 31, 2013 9:27 pm

Thanks for info. I'm gonna check it out for possible use with my setup. Thanks!
Steve Schlesing

JSO

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 4:04 pm

Amazing setup! This is officially the best Hauptwerk setup I've seen in Mexico (out of 3 I know of :P ) but there's no denying it's magnificent. I'm working on getting a setup of my own soon but it definitely won't be as grand.

Maybe if you're okay with it I could visit sometime? We're not that far away and any excuse to visit beautiful historic Guanajuato is a good one.

johnstump_organist

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 6:57 pm

Claro que si. Dime cuando y nos vemos aqui en San Miguel
John

profeluisegarcia

PostWed Feb 12, 2014 10:13 pm

johnstump_organist wrote:Claro que si. Dime cuando y nos vemos aqui en San Miguel
John

Of course! . Please tell me when you like to come here to San Miguel to meet you

(Unsolicited translation before you -dear John- get a warning: English -even clumsy like mine- is the official language here) :wink:

JSO

PostMon Apr 21, 2014 11:05 am

Last week I was able to visit John. He was gracious enough to let me into his beautiful San Miguel de Allende home and show me his Hauptwerk setup. He even let me play it. It's even more beautiful in person and it sounds fantastic. The touch of the Classic keyboards is just perfect! He plays it beautifully as well.

As someone just starting out with Hauptwerk this visit was inspiring and very motivational, so thanks John for everything. :)

Later on the trip I acquired a 2 manual Allen draw knob console in Mexico City which will be delivered to my home in the coming weeks.

organtechnology

PostMon Apr 21, 2014 11:28 am

JSO wrote:Last week I was able to visit John. He was gracious enough to let me into his beautiful San Miguel de Allende home and show me his Hauptwerk setup. He even let me play it. It's even more beautiful in person and it sounds fantastic. The touch of the Classic keyboards is just perfect! He plays it beautifully as well.

As someone just starting out with Hauptwerk this visit was inspiring and very motivational, so thanks John for everything. :)

Later on the trip I acquired a 2 manual Allen draw knob console in Mexico City which will be delivered to my home in the coming weeks.

Did you get to play the new Hauptwerk organ at Christ Church A.R.?
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.
Next

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems