It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:15 pm

Donau Orgue Laudate

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...
  • Author

jdkwant

Donau Orgue Laudate

PostTue Sep 16, 2014 5:55 pm

My latest organproject is almost finished. It used to be an ISA Classic organ, model Laudate, which I stripped and MIDIfied.

Pedal and manual contacts are still original. First I midified the manual contact with original transistor-matrix. It worked, untill I found out that specific combinations of keypress, tones began to fall out. Therefore I had to renew the scan-matrix again.

PC (i7-4930K) and amplifier (Crown PA) are placed in the lower cabinet, where I can reach the PA and Focusrite soundcard via the front (behind tiltable lid.

Behind the manuals a 23" Dell touchscreen is installed, which can be lifted manually using a counterweight, so it rises above the console. Then first the music stand needs to be folded down backwards. Then a top lid op de console can be folded up (including the downfolded music stand) backwards. And finally the 23" Dell touchscreen can be pulled up. This screen is only used for maintaining Hauptwerk and PC or showing sheetmusic. In the future I hope to have two toe pistons to control the turning of the pages.

Playing the organ this big screen is not needed. Between the manuals and musicstand there are 3 USB 7" Touchscreens on which I run DoMidi to control Haupwerk, loading and stops. For now I only made DoMidi layouts for ZurekV5 and Anloo.

The original organ bench was squeaking so disassembeld it to glue it again. De organ bench in the pictures is an original Metzler organbench which looks great with this organ.

Here some pictures of the development and the result...

The original ISA Classic Laudate organ with black plastic stops:

MIDIfied contacts for pedalboard:

MIDIfied swell:

First MIDIfication of orignal transistor PCB for the manuals. Didn't appear to work in the end so I could renew it all again:

MIDIfication of 32 (very cheap: $0,60 a piece) thumbpistons:

Homemade monitor-elevator with 2 telescopic slides:

The upper cabinet:

Open console with first electroncs and the monitor-lift installed. The monitor-lift works with a counterweight that is located in the lower cabinet of the organ. The lift is controlled manually.

The upper cabinet paintedbrushed with lighted on/off switches and first 7" touchscreen:

The console as it is now. The organ is started en can be played without the need of the bigger Dell touchscreen, which is hidden in the organ behind the manuls:

Name tags are not yet there:

When a stop is touched it lighted up, but too bad thats not shown in these pictures:

On/off switched: red = PC, green = pedal light, 3x yellow = 1.power PC, 2 power main monitor, 3 power amplifier:

Tiltable music stand:

Dell 23" touchscreen monitor which rises above the console. It is only used for maintaining Hauptwerk and the PC or for displaying sheetmusic:

DeLock USB 3.0 + headphone connectors:

LED pedal light:

Via tiltable lid you get access to soundcard and amplifier:

kruimel

Re: Donau Orgue Laudate

PostWed Sep 17, 2014 6:00 am

THis can also be seen with Dutch translation on the pcorgan.com forum

jdkwant

PostWed Sep 17, 2014 6:20 am

@Kruimel

You're right. Here's the url for dutch:
http://www.pcorgel.nl/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1668

David Baldwin

PostWed Sep 17, 2014 8:43 am

That looks absolutely fantastic. I wish I had the time to do all that. Well done
(Dr.) David G. Baldwin

profeluisegarcia

PostWed Sep 17, 2014 1:54 pm

"LAUDATE you" for this magnificent work
Luis

WWillmott

PostThu Sep 18, 2014 7:31 pm

Absolutely stunning.

Walter

tf11972

PostFri Sep 19, 2014 1:52 am

Great work!
Best regards
Thomas

Forestpipes - Virtual Pipe Organs
https://forestpipes.de

pat17

PostFri Sep 19, 2014 3:13 am

Brilliant setup with a lot of imagination and thoughts behind it. Congrats for this nice and neat job! 8)

jdkwant

PostWed Jan 07, 2015 2:06 pm

Another few photo's of recent adjustments...

Counterweight for Main monitor
At first it was a wooden board with weights from a clock. Now this is replaced by a wooden box. In the box I put 2 (unsellable) voltage transformers, added with some screws to get a total weight of 10 kilogram. The main monitor now can be lifted with only one little finger.

Amplifier
Built-in PA amplifier, type Crown XLi 800. The fans are (professionally) replaced, so you can't hear it running. De speaker outputs are extended to the back of the organ.

PC
De computer is on a shelf in the organ. This time I chose for a PC with strong CPU (i7-4930K) and 240GB SSD, but very low RAM (16GB, expandible to 128GB). Much RAM is not needed for now, and cheaper to expand in the future, which is not the case for the CPU.

All parts in the organ are easy to reach...

Swell pedals
These were MIDIfied in it's orginal state, but in the end it didn't work very stable. So I re-MIDIfied them. Which appeared to be quite simple. A plastic potentiometer and an adapted flap hinge. In total just a few dollars. On the 2nd photo you can see that the articulating arm is secured on the potentiometer with a tiny nail, which is plugged through the metal and plastic. With a 1mm drill and a normal cordless drill it appeared to be quite easy to drill such a tiny hole on the short side of the articulating arm. Works fine.

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems