Search:
Submit Search

Cavaillé-Coll replica Belgium

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...

Re: Cavaillé-Coll replica Belgium

Postby Joris » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:17 am

For sure, the value of your setup must have doubled, since you bought the Johannus organ :D .
The cabinetry of your organ looks great. In my case, it was very basic and certainly not elegant. I will post some pictures of it within a few days.
Joris

Postby Romanos » Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:23 am

Oh yes.... That sub alone cost 1/3 of what the whole organ cost. I was able to get the organ used on ebay for a wonderful price. The pedals, swell peds, manuals, and stop tabs all output midi natively so it was basically plug&play. The monitors came in waves... First the top two, then the yellow ones (from a local pawn shop) then a smaller sub... then a saffire pro 40, then a larger sub... then 6 more monitors... it all took a few years of bits and pieces here and there. And as far as I'm concerned, I'm still not done :lol: I'd really love to swap out my monitors for either models that have two woofers each (some of the newer Eris line have dual woofers and apparently have a wider projection field) or more likely, swap out the active monitors for def-tech BP towers of some variety. There's a pair of BP10's in my area for sale for only $300 for the pair... I'm really tempted...
Romanos

Postby Joris » Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:17 am

Some pictures of my former setup.
The sequence could be called : "a Johannus organ in decline", but everything is reused in the new console, even the speakers cloth.

This is what it looked like for 7 years, ever since I started using Hauptwerk.

Some parts missing already, but still operational.

Speaker board removed. The inspector is in the house!

To be continued...
Joris

Postby engrssc » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:15 am

Like the cat, nice touch. In our place, it's a dog - "Mackie" a Cairn Terrior who supervises all things..

Rgds,
Ed
engrssc

Postby Romanos » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:30 am

While I recently had to get rid of him :cry: , I used to have a min-pin "helper" named Gilbert:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7367/16291832628_a03b4123cb_z.jpg
Romanos

Postby Joris » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:18 am

And further down it went:

And this it what it looked like right before the new console was moved into the room:

And then, all of a sudden, I decided to get rid of it, so I asked the carpenter to take it apart. One firm hit with a big hammer on the right spot, and the remainders were reduced to scrap wood. After 19 years of service, this Johannus console came to an end.
Joris

Postby Romanos » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:05 pm

While I would love to replace mine with equipment made specifically for HW, I won't be whacking mine with a hammer any time soon... :lol:
Romanos

Previous

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems