It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:10 am

Final Version of my Hauptwerk Installation

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...
  • Author

Antoni Scott

Final Version of my Hauptwerk Installation

PostTue Aug 23, 2016 5:32 pm

I thought it would be easier to post a Youtube video of my Hauptwerk Installation.
Antoni

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J6DHbESDMk

engrssc

Re: Final Version of my Hauptwerk Installation

PostTue Aug 23, 2016 6:11 pm

Good. job in all respects. 8) One question, what software are you using as touch screen driver(s). Also what are you using for the audio card on your Mac?

PS, next you have to make a video with you playing. :)

Rgds,
Ed

James

PostWed Aug 24, 2016 6:16 am

Very nice, Antoni. However, if it is anything like mine, the word "final" may be a little premature. :wink:

Antoni Scott

PostWed Aug 24, 2016 7:27 am

To enjrssc and James:
To be honest with you I don't know what software I am using as touch screen drivers. Its been a while, but I think the monitors came with a disc. I would think Brett Milan would be the person to ask since I bought them from him. I do remember having problems with one of the plugs that goes from the monitor to the computer. I also had a problem with calibration, I think when I upgraded OSX to 10.10 so that I could use the latest Hauptwerk software. The monitors are dead on when calibrated. No complaints.
Also, the audio card is an external one by Presonus with eight channels, still working. It was recommended by Brett Milan back in 2008 and it still works. I had originally thought that I wanted an eight channel setup but the high cost of good speakers and amps was a problem. I ended up using my AKG 701's plus a Sub Woofer which I still have today. In another conversion I did back in 2011, I used a MacMini and used the internal sound card which I thought was excellent, but it was only two channels which might be a problem for some.

To James: Yes, as soon as I said "final" I knew I'd regret it. I think what I have right now, will "do for now".
From the video you may have noticed that I utilized some of the square micro-touch pistons for additional couplers such as 1 to 1- 16', 1 to 1- 4', etc., . A few months ago I almost bought an extended row of couplers from an older Rodgers that would have enough tabs for more couplers. I rarely use octave or sub-octave couplers so I passed on it. But----You never know, maybe a 5th manual. Who said "Too much is just enough" ?
Antoni

engrssc

PostWed Aug 24, 2016 12:07 pm

Antoni Scott wrote:Who said "Too much is just enough" ?

That's not a quote from me for sure.

Was wondering about the drivers as I know dual touch screens on a Mac is a problem. Maybe Brett can help us?

Rgds,
Ed

ChangedForever

PostWed Aug 24, 2016 10:02 pm

Very NICE, Antoni!! I hope mine looks as good as yours does whn I'm "finished". I don't think it will ever be "final", though....

Regards,
Mark

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems