Search:
Submit Search

Phase I of my Paramount 320 Completed

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...

Phase I of my Paramount 320 Completed

Postby damuehlbauer » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:33 pm

I have been working on this virtual theatre pipe organ for a few months now, and have received great assistance from members of this forum. So, I thought I'd post an update on my progress. I now have a playable Paramount 320. Here are the basic components:

• Hauptwerk Basic and Paramount 320
  • Reaper (for reverb) with ASIO4ALL
  • Two M-Audio Keystation 61 keyboards
  • One M-Audio 49-key (will be soon replaced by Keystation 61)
  • Homemade MDF keyboard stack with music rack, sitting on a 44" wide computer desk
  • Pedalboard, consisting of 13 Hammond pedals, Conn expression pedal with Kick Switch for Sostenuto and 2 Midikits interfaces, enclosed in homemade MDF case
  • Motu Express 128 for keyboard/pedalboard interface to computer
  • Behringer TC64 Touchpad (programmed for combinations and Trems)
  • AKG K111 headphones and Bose computer speaker set
  • Bench from Guitar Center

I am using my everyday computer (Dell), but will replace with a dedicated PC and Touchscreen in a few months when we move and I won't be right next to my desk.

Hopefully, if I did this right there are a few photos attached below.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/mKuWHQxf4YmifjDT2

In the future I plan to remove the keyboards from their plastic cases and build a keystack with just the keyboards, and get a better audio interface and some studio speakers and possibly a sub-woofer.

Again, I couldn't have done this without the help of folks on this forum. Thanks!
damuehlbauer

Re: Phase I of my Paramount 320 Completed

Postby Frank-Evans » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:17 pm

Looks like you are well on the way.. Good job..
Frank-Evans

Postby magnaton » Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:58 pm

Nice job! Regarding your homemade MDF pedal and expression case . . .WOW! :shock: With those curved end caps looks like something you just purchased from a music store. Excellent work. Of course the brown color Hammond pedals gives its lineage away but to the untrained eye that whole unit looks new.

Congratulations,

Danny B.
magnaton

Postby cham-ed » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:55 pm

What did you use to label the push buttons on the Behringer touch pad? Everything I've tried falls off.
cham-ed

Postby damuehlbauer » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:49 pm

I have a Brother P-Touch label machine. The standard labels fell right off, but I ordered some clear with 'Extra Strength Adhesive' and they seem to be sticking. At least for now. Time will tell if they stand up to being pressed repeatedly.

I see that some folks have resorted to creating a transparency and placing sheet that over the entire Touchpad but I am hoping that these labels will stick.
damuehlbauer

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems