It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:06 am

Console Part-way finished

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...
  • Author

oliver_mayes

Console Part-way finished

PostThu Feb 16, 2012 8:37 pm

I have finished the keycheeks and monitor enclosures as well as the speaker cabinet. The bottom part of the speaker cabinet has 2 M-Audio BX-10's and the top part has 4 M-audio BX8's (2 stereo pairs). In between is the E-MU 1616e sound module and the computer speakers.
You can see planning and progress at http://omayes.com
Click on the Organ picture for a Table of Contents.

This forum feature is a great idea.
Ollie Mayes

Purator

Re: Console Part-way finished

PostFri Feb 17, 2012 6:52 am

Hi,

nice Modelrailroad - is this N-Gauge?

Greetings
Purator

oliver_mayes

Latest addition - hwlcd4 LCD panels

PostWed Apr 25, 2012 4:28 pm

I have mounted the MIDI Gadgets hwlcd4 (2 two line LCD panels) in a temporary mount on my temporary console.
In the picture is the Silver Octopus Willis Studio 80 jOrgan stop jambs in Portrait mode. As I began to build the main body of the console, I plan to eliminate 8 of the lighted rocker tabs and mount 4 2-line LCD panel in their place.

I have programmed the panels to show (1) the name of the current organ, (2) blank (for now) (3) Stepper and cued information, and (4) which division is on the third manual. Since I have only three manuals and the Willis 80 is a four manual organ, I have two pistons that switch back and forth. This is shown on line 4 of the LCD's.

There are two LED's that can be programmed for certain indications. The top LED is programmed to IsOrganReady. At start up, the LED is red and when the organ is fully loaded, it turns green.
The bottom LED is programmed to HW Audio Output Volume/Clipping. It is green at all normal levels of volume output, turns orange (yellow?) as it approaches clipping and red when overdriven. This way I can have HW's output at maximum and adjust the room volume with my amplifiers.

Ollie Mayes

Andrew Grahame

Re: Latest addition - hwlcd4 LCD panels

PostWed Apr 25, 2012 9:13 pm

Hi Ollie,

Great minds think alike! Your temporary setup looks just like my planned permanent setup for 4 screens stacked vertically, positioned in exactly the same space to the left of the music rest. As my woodworking skills are exceedingly basic I've outsourced the construction of a box to hold the screens - just waiting for it to be built and delivered.

Andrew

mdyde

Re: Console Part-way finished

PostThu Apr 26, 2012 2:40 pm

Hello Ollie,

I've merged your new topic with your previous one, to try to keep one thread for each person's set-up to make it easier to follow.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems