It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:36 am

console pic reposted

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...
  • Author

Andrew Grahame

console pic reposted

PostFri Feb 17, 2012 5:16 am

Thanks Brett for establishing this section to the forum. Here's a repost of the picture I put in the DIY section a few days ago. Further pics of construction and components will be made to the DIY section.

I am limited by my very basic woodworking skills, not to mention lack of time. I admire those who have constructed their own consoles, and there are some truly astounding examples out there from what I've seen on various websites. My efforts have depended on what I can assemble rather than construct, hence the extensive use of prefabricated components. Having said that, the organ bench is self-built from scrap timber.

Andrew

Andrew Grahame

photo update

PostWed Mar 07, 2012 2:12 am

Here's a shot showing some recent minor changes to the console. The poles which support the Atdec hardware to hold the monitors and launchpads have been relocated further out and towards the player. The poles are held in place by a fitting which employs a single bolt through the table, placement of which is limited by the metal frame which supports the IKEA Galant table top.

Sample set loaded at time of this photo is Salisbury Vol 3 using portrait screens duplicated by launchpad overlays. The positioning of stops on the overlays matches the screen layout for speaking stops, but not for the couplers.

Space has been cleared on the platform behind the music rest. The music rest folds down to reveal music storage behind. Space to the right of music rest allows for pencil, eraser, coffee mug and digital metronome/clock. Space to left of music rest is prepared for future hardware changes. Cordless mouse resides beneath launchpads on the right with cordless keyboard on far right of bench (to be lifted onto the lowest manual for use), and headphones are stored beneath left launchpads.

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems