It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 4:18 am

Phase I compete in Wisconsin

Share photos of your Hauptwerk consoles, installations, audio systems, ...
  • Author

GWBeem

Phase I compete in Wisconsin

PostSat Feb 18, 2012 11:58 pm

This is a dream come true. Years ago I had a pipe organ at home but certain realities took hold and I eventually sold it. Now with Hauptwerk, I have a very close "next best" and I never tire of practicing on it. Eventually, I hope to add another keyboard and monitor.

pat17

Re: Phase I compete in Wisconsin

PostWed Feb 29, 2012 5:05 am

Simple and clean! :D

engrssc

PostWed Feb 29, 2012 8:13 am

Assume the keyboards (and their cover) are fastened (screwed down) to the table? How steady is the feel, being on a table such as this? Reason for asking, a young (very talented organist) friend is looking into a similar setup but was dismayed after trying a similar table mounted installation as in his words, "When playing fast and hard, the keyboards felt wobbly". :o Just curious.

Rgds,
Ed

GWBeem

PostWed Feb 29, 2012 7:17 pm

Hi Ed,

The table is an IKEA Galant 60" table and I have found it to be quite stable. It is the same set-up that Randall Mullin describes (except i have only 2 manuals). I practice 3 - 4 hours a day on it and it has been very comfortable to play on. I purposely put it together this way for reasons of portability so that when my wife and I move to our place up north during the summer I can take it with me (the pedals are the least portable part but it is only twice a year that I need to move it).

The keyboards and covers are just sitting on the table with some grippy material under them so that they don't move even when I lean on the key cheeks while playing pedal passages. I have thought about screwing them down but it hasn't be necessary so far.

All the best,
Greg

engrssc

PostWed Feb 29, 2012 7:28 pm

Interesting, thanks for the info, Greg.

Rgds,
Ed

MikeDC

PostThu Mar 01, 2012 12:47 pm

The IKEA table comes with a variety of options for legs. I chose the wrong ones and the table is not stable. I think if you stick with what Randall Mullin or Rob Stefanussen is using, you'll have better results.

Return to Post photos of your Hauptwerk systems