It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:33 am

Silver Octopus - Now even more arms !

A forum for Hauptwerk hardware vendors to post information about their products.
  • Author

Charles Braund

Silver Octopus - Now even more arms !

PostSat Apr 27, 2013 10:46 am

In addition to our existing range of sample libraries and unique custom / bespoke instruments, Silver Octopus is pleased to announce the introduction of quality hardware and installation services.

Our consoles and associated hardware are sourced from a leading UK pipe organ builder and built to the very highest standards of both materials and workmanship. We are confident that the quality of our product is equal to the very best available anywhere.

Prices are obviously considerably higher than the typical "flat pack" quality products offered elsewhere but we believe that customers will find that they are very competitive indeed in comparison to similar quality products offered by the major organ builders or supply houses.

We believe that this puts us in an unique position where we can now offer a complete product together with installation from start to finish.

Further details can be found on the Silver Octopus website at http://www.silveroctopus.co.uk
The page with more specific details can be found at; http://www.silveroctopus.co.uk/consoles.htm

Lead time is currently about 16 weeks from placement of finalised design / order.
Last edited by Charles Braund on Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nicholsnymet

Re: Silver Octopus - Now even more arms !

PostTue Feb 04, 2014 7:42 am

I'm glad that the old Electrophonics console that I sold on Ebay has been put to good use. I would like to come and see your Hauptwerk set up if I find myself nearby?

You would also be welcome to come and see my 4 manual set up at Nichols Nymet House, details are listed on post photos page.

Best wishes,
Paul

Paul Goodman
Nichols Nymet House
Devon
Uk

Charles Braund

Re: Silver Octopus - Now even more arms !

PostTue Feb 04, 2014 9:43 am

Hello Paul,

Yes, we did make good use of your old Electrophonic console which was completely refitted with a new keyboard stack and all of the old electronics replaced by current technology. When one considers that just the price of a new pedalboard would have been more than the whole instrument cost to buy, the church made a sensible decision.
The biggest problem was converting the drawstops to work with the system since Electrophonics did some very weird and non-standard things with them such as 32 volt custom circuits instead of the normal 12 or 24 volt circuits that everyone else was using and continues to use..
Some of the wooden parts of the console have been replaced with new ones and gradually, all of the remaining woodwork will be replaced as funds become available. All of this at a fraction of the price of providing a brand new console throughout.
Regardless of anything else, it is obviously very worth while for many HW users to obtain an old console - especially one from a quality manufacturer or indeed from a redundant pipe organ because it is likely that there will be always something that can be used even if it's only a pedalboard, a bench and some stop controls and pistons.

Please feel free to come up and see the Bruton installation anytime that you are passing through. I am quite sure you will be blown away with the results.

Return to Vendors (consoles & MIDI/computer hardware)