It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:46 pm

New MIDI encoder for all Fatar keyboard models released

A forum for Hauptwerk hardware vendors to post information about their products.
  • Author

jdp

New MIDI encoder for all Fatar keyboard models released

PostWed Oct 07, 2015 9:31 am

Dear Friends,

MIDI Boutque is happy to announce the release of our new product mkcv96fx http://www.midiboutique.com/mkcv96fx,
especially designed for scanning Fatar keyboards.
This is MIDI encoder, capable to scan any of currently known Fatar velocity keyboards of either DF (Common Cathode) or DR (Common Anode) scanmatrix.
In addition the board has:
- 32 parallel switch inputs that can be used for pedalboard (header is compatible to our csr32p contact system) or for up to 32 stops, pistons etc. switch controls;
- 2 analog inputs for potentiometers;
- MIDI Merge input, allowing chaining multiple units in single console.

The parameters regarding Fatar manual are user-configurable:
- Fatar scanmatrix type (DF or DR);
- Fatar keyboard size (25, 37, 44, 49, 61, 76 or 88);
- Fatar MIDI channel(1..16);
- Fatar starting note (0..127);
- Fatar velocity resolution/timing parameters (two parameters);
- Fatar velocity response curve (out of 5 standard and 4 custom curves);
- MIDI channel (1..16) for each of potentiometers;
- MIDI controller for each potentiometer (0..127);
- MIDI message per On/Off event for each of switch inputs. The message can be any 0-, 1- 2-, 3- or 4-byte MIDI sequence, allowing maximal flexibility, even assigning non-standard MIDI messages.

All above settings are done using simple Windows software, free downloadable from product page.
Each parameter is separately programmed, so that parameter values can be adjusted in realtime even on stage.

Since velocity response curve is pretty important for velocity keyboard, the unit supports 5 standard pre-defined read-only curves (Linear, Exponential, Logarithmic, S-type and N-type). There are also 4 user-programmable curves that can be programmed by user. Curve Editor-Uploader software is in preparation right now and will be released in days.

Jordan
http://www.midiboutique.com

organtechnology

Re: New MIDI encoder for all Fatar keyboard models released

PostWed Oct 07, 2015 6:29 pm

Jordan forgot to mention that the mkcv96fx can attach to the bottom of the Fatar 61TP/6O 61 key keybed and comes with the proper cables to connect to the Fatar Micromatch connector. Plug in 9-12Vdc and you are ready to MIDI!
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

notdefined

PostWed Oct 07, 2015 10:06 pm

I have some older TP-60 keyboards that have dip sockets rather than the micro-sips on the bottom. Will the new encoders work with these?

jdp

PostThu Oct 08, 2015 4:21 am

notdefined wrote:I have some older TP-60 keyboards that have dip sockets rather than the micro-sips on the bottom. Will the new encoders work with these?

I don't know, the only documentation for Fatars I can access shows only units with MicroMatch connectors.
If you can send me photos of both sides of keyboard PCBs I could try to check the compatibility.

Jordan
http://www.midiboutique.com

Return to Vendors (consoles & MIDI/computer hardware)