It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 am

Organtechnology expands into the church arena.

A forum for Hauptwerk hardware vendors to post information about their products.
  • Author

organtechnology

Organtechnology expands into the church arena.

PostTue Aug 23, 2016 7:41 pm

We are pleased to announce that VPO Organtechnology LLC is expanding our services to include refurbishing electronic church organs so that they can become Hauptwerk based Virtual Pipe Organs. We are offering our rebuilding services to all of the continental United States on the basis that the organ console will be shipped to our shop in Plano, TX where it will be reborn as a Virtual Pipe Organ of appropriate size for the venue from which it came.

We will then ship it back to the church which commissioned the re-purposing and if desired come with it to oversee the re-installation.

If you know of a church which would like to have such an instrument but needs help in realizing the project, please have them contact Thomas at VPO Organtechnology LLC. Our contact information is on the contact page of the web site.

Don't chunk that old console, let us turn it into a Hauptwerk based VPO for a fraction of the cost of a new one.

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

engrssc

Re: Organtechnology expands into the church arena.

PostTue Aug 23, 2016 8:47 pm

Good for you, Thomas, and best wishes as well. Only extolling the virtues of Hauptwerk here is like preaching to the choir. I say that with tongue in cheek. 8)

Rgds, and best,
Ed

organtechnology

PostTue Aug 23, 2016 10:07 pm

engrssc wrote:Good for you, Thomas, and best wishes as well. Only extolling the virtues of Hauptwerk here is like preaching to the choir. I say that with tongue in cheek. 8)

Rgds, and best,
Ed

Thanks. I was hoping to get some assistance from those who know how great Hauptwerk is, in reaching those who need Hauptwerk and just don't know it yet. :)

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com

engrssc

PostWed Aug 24, 2016 2:36 am

organtechnology wrote:to get some assistance from those who know how great Hauptwerk is, in reaching those who need Hauptwerk and just don't know it yet.

That's a Great line. A good keeper. 8)

Have you thought of expanding the overall service to possibly include some knowledgeable Hauptwerkers who could provide local service (support) to clients (thru your company of course) on a wider, national scale? Just a thought. :idea: I can see pluses and some not so plus issues. All depends.

Rgds,
Ed

engrssc

PostFri Aug 26, 2016 8:22 pm

A potential problem when dealing with churches on any level is when you run into the local "experts" who tend to think of themselves as all knowledgeable in particular area(s). I'm working with one group presently to spec and install a large sound system in a very difficult space. One of the board members has proclaimed nothing is to be done without his approval, that goes from design, to purchasing, to installation, to adjusting, and so forth. I want to tell him that if he did, indeed, know everything about sound, why didn't he bid the job?

The real reason is that this job is way over his head. I don't say it, but the thought does come in the meaning of the word expert. An ex is a has been, and a spurt is a drip under pressure. :wink: I can just imagine how that would go over.. :shock: A teacher of mine said many times, it is better to remain silent and appear a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt. :roll: (Philosophy 101).

Rgds,
Ed

organtechnology

PostSat Aug 27, 2016 12:11 am

I try to include these people on my design team and I have found that the response of; "OK since you are obviously the most knowledgeable person on the committee, I hope you will share your expertise with us so the church can have the best possible outcome for this project." Sometimes including them works sometimes it doesn't.

My problem used to be that if someone attacks me verbally, I have this urge to fight back when I would be better off hearing the complainer out. Amazingly Radio Shack customer service training helped me a lot, in that regard.

I still do not enjoy working with committees that are hostile. Like they want an Allen but have to listen to you because the boss said so. I would much rather work with a committee in a collaborative manner. I just about don't do 'bids'.

engrssc

PostSat Aug 27, 2016 3:42 am

Yeah, it's a tough call sometimes. It's easier many times to deal with technical issues than people issues. And then there are times when we have to deal with both. I think that's called - life. :roll: :)

Rgds,
Ed

Return to Vendors (consoles & MIDI/computer hardware)