It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 am

I made a mistake.

A forum for Hauptwerk hardware vendors to post information about their products.
  • Author

organtechnology

I made a mistake.

PostSat Nov 05, 2016 8:37 pm

I made a mistake. I thought that turning on the comments for my blog would result in a path for people who were interested in what we do to ask questions and comment abput the organs and components that we create.

WRONG!

It has resulted in a stream of spam and sales pitches that have been both time consuming and worthless.

So the question is; if the forum already knows my email (it is in my signature) why should I need comments on my announcement blog? I don't think I do.

So I hope no one is offended if I turn my blog comments back off.

Best regards,

Thomas
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

ajongbloed

Re: I made a mistake.

PostSun Nov 06, 2016 2:18 pm

I see that you use Wordpress for your site. There are lots of plugins for Wordpress that could help against spam. For my site I use Antispam Bee that effectively blocks almost all spam. It's worth a try before you shutdown the commeny function completely.

Regards,
Auke

organtechnology

Re: I made a mistake.

PostSun Nov 06, 2016 5:17 pm

ajongbloed wrote:I see that you use Wordpress for your site. There are lots of plugins for Wordpress that could help against spam. For my site I use Antispam Bee that effectively blocks almost all spam. It's worth a try before you shutdown the commeny function completely.

Regards,
Auke

There is an anti-spam plug-in in place but I still receive unwanted messages.
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

Return to Vendors (consoles & MIDI/computer hardware)