Search:
Submit Search


Contacting Classic MIDIWorks

A forum for Hauptwerk hardware vendors to post information about their products.

Contacting Classic MIDIWorks

Postby Andrew Grahame » Fri May 04, 2018 12:22 am

I am wondering if any forum members can shed some light for me. I am seeking to make a purchase from Classic MIDIWorks, but for more than a week now they haven't answered my emails - but my Spam folder is empty. Are they on holiday, or is anyone else having difficulty getting in touch with them?

Andrew
Andrew Grahame
Member
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Contacting Classic MIDIWorks

Postby dhm » Fri May 04, 2018 1:13 am

Yes, I have found CMW very difficult to contact since Darryl left.
Emails have gone unanswered for weeks.
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu / http://www.gundulf.org.uk
User avatar
dhm
Member
 
Posts: 1010
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2006 11:50 am
Location: Rochester, UK

Re: Contacting Classic MIDIWorks

Postby Andrew Grahame » Fri May 04, 2018 3:28 am

Thank you, Douglas. It’s reassuring to know I’m not alone.

Andrew
Andrew Grahame
Member
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Contacting Classic MIDIWorks

Postby dcaton » Fri May 04, 2018 7:27 am

Same here, I'm afraid. In my experience with them over the course of six months or so, they rarely answer emails.
dcaton
Member
 
Posts: 59
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:12 pm
Location: Lighthouse Point, Florida

Re: Contacting Classic MIDIWorks

Postby telemanr » Fri May 04, 2018 7:44 am

We miss Darryl.
Rob Enns
User avatar
telemanr
Member
 
Posts: 1545
Joined: Sat Feb 18, 2006 5:18 pm
Location: Brampton, ON, Canada

Re: Contacting Classic MIDIWorks

Postby dwood » Fri May 04, 2018 9:52 am

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the love!

I understand that MIDIWorks recently had their entire mail server (complete with email addresses overhauled). I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the current issue or not.

I believe they changed the main email to midiworks@organworks.com.

I'll forward this chat on to MIDIWorks people myself and hopefully, this will get sorted out.

Thanks to DHM for alerting me to this.

I hope you're all well.We had some good times during my tenure at MIDIWorks.

Darryl
dwood
Moderator
 
Posts: 492
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:57 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Contacting Classic MIDIWorks

Postby Opus1954 » Fri May 04, 2018 2:58 pm

So sorry to see this only now... I thought it was a great company...and I trusted them... with my money...

I need 57 Syndyne SAMs - Syndyne did not want to take this order directly, and referred me to their dealers.

I placed my order (over $3.3K) with Classic MIDIWorks in December last year, and I paid. For 5 months now I have sent many emails, and I call them (Attila Magyar) every 3 weeks (they never contact me, except how to place such a large order - they were happy to explain and make it work to that I could pay...).

Same story every time "You still didn't get it? We'll investigate". It should be drop shipped... Once also a comment over the phone: "I think that you paid too much" - not making me feel good.I also paid for extra stems and heads, to replace few broken ones, which would be sent from Ontario to BC directly. Never received in 5 months either...

In April, I emailed Syndyne directly (also so that they are aware of this issue), but it is not their problem - it is mine. I am now wondering how to recover my money...

Frank
Langley BC
Canada
User avatar
Opus1954
Member
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:45 am
Location: Langley, BC, Canada

Re: Contacting Classic MIDIWorks

Postby brooke.benfield » Fri May 04, 2018 11:25 pm

I also have had a less than satisfying experience with this business since Darryl moved on.

I had returned a product for "repair" and never got any response from them in the last 1.5 years regarding refunding the ~$320.00 my church is out, or providing the repaired product. All e-mails to Attila and Raymundo have been ignored so I gave up.

They will not get any future business from me.
Brooke Benfield
Organist, Gethsemane Lutheran Church
Portland OR
brooke.benfield
Member
 
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:38 am
Location: Oregon City

Re: Contacting Classic MIDIWorks

Postby Andrew Grahame » Sat May 05, 2018 7:27 am

Hi Frank,

I don't understand why Syndyne wouldn't deal directly with you. My console uses 140 Syndyne thumb pistons and 12 Syndyne toe studs. I purchased directly from them about 8 years ago, including several additional orders to cater for changes to my original piston scheme. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with the large order, and I hope you are able to resolve it soon.

Thanks to everyone who has responded to this thread. You have assisted me in making my decision.

Andrew
Andrew Grahame
Member
 
Posts: 819
Joined: Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:51 am
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: Contacting Classic MIDIWorks

Postby jkinkennon » Sat May 05, 2018 12:10 pm

Syndyne is just across town for me and has expressed a willingness to sell to me in the past. It seems strange that they would change that in light of the state of the organ business generally. I'd offer to make a purchase and let them take the business or leave it. Perhaps they sensed a need for additional support after the sale?? Or perhaps they have had bad experiences dealing with individuals?

I am currently rebuilding two consoles, one with 62 lighted drawknobs, the other with 76 drawknobs which are proper SAMs. I mention this only as a reminder that quantities of drawknobs in excellent condition can be had for nothing or for a couple of hundred dollars if purchased along with the rest of a 600 to 800 lb. console. They only cost serious money if someone else removes them and resells them on ebay.
jkinkennon
Member
 
Posts: 988
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 10:43 am
Location: Vancouver, WA

Re: Contacting Classic MIDIWorks

Postby organtechnology » Sat May 05, 2018 1:40 pm

PM sent 5/5/2018

Opus1954 wrote:So sorry to see this only now... I thought it was a great company...and I trusted them... with my money...

I need 57 Syndyne SAMs - Syndyne did not want to take this order directly, and referred me to their dealers.

I placed my order (over $3.3K) with Classic MIDIWorks in December last year, and I paid. For 5 months now I have sent many emails, and I call them (Attila Magyar) every 3 weeks (they never contact me, except how to place such a large order - they were happy to explain and make it work to that I could pay...).

Same story every time "You still didn't get it? We'll investigate". It should be drop shipped... Once also a comment over the phone: "I think that you paid too much" - not making me feel good.I also paid for extra stems and heads, to replace few broken ones, which would be sent from Ontario to BC directly. Never received in 5 months either...

In April, I emailed Syndyne directly (also so that they are aware of this issue), but it is not their problem - it is mine. I am now wondering how to recover my money...

Frank
Langley BC
Canada
Complete VPO systems powered by Hauptwerk™. Real Wood Consoles, PC or MAC Computer Sound Modules, Audio for Home or Church.
info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com

Authorized Hauptwerk Dealer; Milan Digital Audio Dealer..
User avatar
organtechnology
Member
 
Posts: 1756
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:58 pm
Location: DFW, TX USA

Re: Contacting Classic MIDIWorks

Postby HenryW » Sat May 05, 2018 5:00 pm

I haven't been in the habit of monitoring this Forum, but have just received an ID so I can respond publicly to this thread.

First, let me just apologize to anyone who's emails to MIDIWorks@organworks.com have gone unanswered, or have not been answered in a timely manner. Attila Magyar or Raymond Garcia would normally respond to messages sent to MIDIWorks@organworks.com. Attila has been a bit overworked since Darryl left. Raymond normally deals with the websites, and software issues. BTW, Darryl's email <darrylw@organworks.com> is still active, but he does not frequently check check it, and cannot be expected to respond, as he is (understandably) preoccupied with his new job.

I'm away from the office until May 22nd, but will contact our office on Monday, to see if we can organize some help, to provide more timely response to customer emails.

Re. specific issues, please email me directly on info@organworks.com which I do monitor.

Henry Wemekamp, CEO
Classic Organ Works
HenryW
Member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat May 05, 2018 11:16 am

Re: Contacting Classic MIDIWorks

Postby TheOrganDoc » Sat May 05, 2018 6:29 pm

I would contact "Henry Wemecamp" as far as I know he is the Chief of the company, and he should be able to rectify your problem quickly, by phone (Toronto Ca area) Preferably ! ! ! I have visited their showroom and met him in person, seemed to be a pleasant chap ? Best wishes, Mel


organtechnology wrote:PM sent 5/5/2018

Opus1954 wrote:So sorry to see this only now... I thought it was a great company...and I trusted them... with my money...

I need 57 Syndyne SAMs - Syndyne did not want to take this order directly, and referred me to their dealers.

I placed my order (over $3.3K) with Classic MIDIWorks in December last year, and I paid. For 5 months now I have sent many emails, and I call them (Attila Magyar) every 3 weeks (they never contact me, except how to place such a large order - they were happy to explain and make it work to that I could pay...).

Same story every time "You still didn't get it? We'll investigate". It should be drop shipped... Once also a comment over the phone: "I think that you paid too much" - not making me feel good.I also paid for extra stems and heads, to replace few broken ones, which would be sent from Ontario to BC directly. Never received in 5 months either...

In April, I emailed Syndyne directly (also so that they are aware of this issue), but it is not their problem - it is mine. I am now wondering how to recover my money...

Frank
Langley BC
Canada
Mel..............TheOrganDoc...............
User avatar
TheOrganDoc
Member
 
Posts: 767
Joined: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:13 pm
Location: South East, Florida, USA

Re: Contacting Classic MIDIWorks

Postby Opus1954 » Sat May 05, 2018 7:27 pm

Andrew Grahame wrote:Hi Frank,

I don't understand why Syndyne wouldn't deal directly with you. My console uses 140 Syndyne thumb pistons and 12 Syndyne toe studs. I purchased directly from them about 8 years ago, including several additional orders to cater for changes to my original piston scheme. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with the large order, and I hope you are able to resolve it soon.

Thanks to everyone who has responded to this thread. You have assisted me in making my decision.

Andrew


Andrew,
Belowis Syndyne's answer to my order for 57 SAMs.
They were quick to response when I asked for Syndyne representatives.
Frank

From: Syndyne Sales [mailto:sales@syndyne.com]
Sent: Friday, December 1, 2017 1:47 PM
To: Frank
Subject: Fwd: Subject: Website Contact Us Form - Date:2017-12-01 12:54:56am:

Thank you so much for your interest in our products.
Syndyne sells components to organ builders who deal in our products.
We are glad to suggest a few of these dealers/builders that could supply them,
if you do not have a professional builder with whom you currently work.

Kind regards,
Annette

Annette Martin
Office Manager
Syndyne Corporation
Phone: 360-256-8466
FAX: 360-256-8208
sales@syndyne.com
User avatar
Opus1954
Member
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:45 am
Location: Langley, BC, Canada

Re: Contacting Classic MIDIWorks

Postby engrssc » Sat May 05, 2018 8:14 pm

Perhaps you needed to be listed with Syndyne as an organ builder (company). I used my own company (which is incorporated) when I first bought items from them. No issues. But probably as Mel suggested it would be best to contact the MIDIworks CEO directly or by a p/m here from the Forum.


Rgds,
Ed
Last edited by engrssc on Sat May 05, 2018 9:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
engrssc
Member
 
Posts: 5521
Joined: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:12 pm
Location: Roscoe, IL, USA

Next

Return to Vendors (consoles & MIDI/computer hardware)

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest