It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:11 am

Contacting Classic MIDIWorks

A forum for Hauptwerk hardware vendors to post information about their products.
  • Author

Andrew Grahame

Contacting Classic MIDIWorks

PostThu May 03, 2018 11:22 pm

I am wondering if any forum members can shed some light for me. I am seeking to make a purchase from Classic MIDIWorks, but for more than a week now they haven't answered my emails - but my Spam folder is empty. Are they on holiday, or is anyone else having difficulty getting in touch with them?

Andrew

dhm

Re: Contacting Classic MIDIWorks

PostFri May 04, 2018 12:13 am

Yes, I have found CMW very difficult to contact since Darryl left.
Emails have gone unanswered for weeks.
Douglas Henn-Macrae
Authorized Hauptwerk Reseller
http://www.midi-organs.eu

Andrew Grahame

PostFri May 04, 2018 2:28 am

Thank you, Douglas. It’s reassuring to know I’m not alone.

Andrew

dcaton

PostFri May 04, 2018 6:27 am

Same here, I'm afraid. In my experience with them over the course of six months or so, they rarely answer emails.

telemanr

PostFri May 04, 2018 6:44 am

We miss Darryl.
Rob Enns

dwood

PostFri May 04, 2018 8:52 am

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the love!

I understand that MIDIWorks recently had their entire mail server (complete with email addresses overhauled). I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the current issue or not.

I believe they changed the main email to midiworks@organworks.com.

I'll forward this chat on to MIDIWorks people myself and hopefully, this will get sorted out.

Thanks to DHM for alerting me to this.

I hope you're all well.We had some good times during my tenure at MIDIWorks.

Darryl

Opus1954

PostFri May 04, 2018 1:58 pm

So sorry to see this only now... I thought it was a great company...and I trusted them... with my money...

I need 57 Syndyne SAMs - Syndyne did not want to take this order directly, and referred me to their dealers.

I placed my order (over $3.3K) with Classic MIDIWorks in December last year, and I paid. For 5 months now I have sent many emails, and I call them (Attila Magyar) every 3 weeks (they never contact me, except how to place such a large order - they were happy to explain and make it work to that I could pay...).

Same story every time "You still didn't get it? We'll investigate". It should be drop shipped... Once also a comment over the phone: "I think that you paid too much" - not making me feel good.I also paid for extra stems and heads, to replace few broken ones, which would be sent from Ontario to BC directly. Never received in 5 months either...

In April, I emailed Syndyne directly (also so that they are aware of this issue), but it is not their problem - it is mine. I am now wondering how to recover my money...

Frank
Langley BC
Canada

brooke.benfield

PostFri May 04, 2018 10:25 pm

I also have had a less than satisfying experience with this business since Darryl moved on.

I had returned a product for "repair" and never got any response from them in the last 1.5 years regarding refunding the ~$320.00 my church is out, or providing the repaired product. All e-mails to Attila and Raymundo have been ignored so I gave up.

They will not get any future business from me.
Brooke Benfield
Organist, Gethsemane Lutheran Church
Portland OR

Andrew Grahame

PostSat May 05, 2018 6:27 am

Hi Frank,

I don't understand why Syndyne wouldn't deal directly with you. My console uses 140 Syndyne thumb pistons and 12 Syndyne toe studs. I purchased directly from them about 8 years ago, including several additional orders to cater for changes to my original piston scheme. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with the large order, and I hope you are able to resolve it soon.

Thanks to everyone who has responded to this thread. You have assisted me in making my decision.

Andrew

jkinkennon

PostSat May 05, 2018 11:10 am

Syndyne is just across town for me and has expressed a willingness to sell to me in the past. It seems strange that they would change that in light of the state of the organ business generally. I'd offer to make a purchase and let them take the business or leave it. Perhaps they sensed a need for additional support after the sale?? Or perhaps they have had bad experiences dealing with individuals?

I am currently rebuilding two consoles, one with 62 lighted drawknobs, the other with 76 drawknobs which are proper SAMs. I mention this only as a reminder that quantities of drawknobs in excellent condition can be had for nothing or for a couple of hundred dollars if purchased along with the rest of a 600 to 800 lb. console. They only cost serious money if someone else removes them and resells them on ebay.

organtechnology

PostSat May 05, 2018 12:40 pm

PM sent 5/5/2018

Opus1954 wrote:So sorry to see this only now... I thought it was a great company...and I trusted them... with my money...

I need 57 Syndyne SAMs - Syndyne did not want to take this order directly, and referred me to their dealers.

I placed my order (over $3.3K) with Classic MIDIWorks in December last year, and I paid. For 5 months now I have sent many emails, and I call them (Attila Magyar) every 3 weeks (they never contact me, except how to place such a large order - they were happy to explain and make it work to that I could pay...).

Same story every time "You still didn't get it? We'll investigate". It should be drop shipped... Once also a comment over the phone: "I think that you paid too much" - not making me feel good.I also paid for extra stems and heads, to replace few broken ones, which would be sent from Ontario to BC directly. Never received in 5 months either...

In April, I emailed Syndyne directly (also so that they are aware of this issue), but it is not their problem - it is mine. I am now wondering how to recover my money...

Frank
Langley BC
Canada
Complete Hauptwerk™ systems using real wood consoles, PC Sound Engines, Dante Audio for Home or Church. info (at) organtechnology.com http://www.organtechnology.com
Authorized Hauptwerk; Milan Digital Audio and Lavender Audio reseller.
USA and Canada shipments only.

HenryW

PostSat May 05, 2018 4:00 pm

I haven't been in the habit of monitoring this Forum, but have just received an ID so I can respond publicly to this thread.

First, let me just apologize to anyone who's emails to MIDIWorks@organworks.com have gone unanswered, or have not been answered in a timely manner. Attila Magyar or Raymond Garcia would normally respond to messages sent to MIDIWorks@organworks.com. Attila has been a bit overworked since Darryl left. Raymond normally deals with the websites, and software issues. BTW, Darryl's email <darrylw@organworks.com> is still active, but he does not frequently check check it, and cannot be expected to respond, as he is (understandably) preoccupied with his new job.

I'm away from the office until May 22nd, but will contact our office on Monday, to see if we can organize some help, to provide more timely response to customer emails.

Re. specific issues, please email me directly on info@organworks.com which I do monitor.

Henry Wemekamp, CEO
Classic Organ Works

TheOrganDoc

PostSat May 05, 2018 5:29 pm

I would contact "Henry Wemecamp" as far as I know he is the Chief of the company, and he should be able to rectify your problem quickly, by phone (Toronto Ca area) Preferably ! ! ! I have visited their showroom and met him in person, seemed to be a pleasant chap ? Best wishes, Mel

organtechnology wrote:PM sent 5/5/2018

Opus1954 wrote:So sorry to see this only now... I thought it was a great company...and I trusted them... with my money...

Frank
Langley BC
Canada
Mel..............TheOrganDoc...............

Opus1954

PostSat May 05, 2018 6:27 pm

Andrew Grahame wrote:Hi Frank,

I don't understand why Syndyne wouldn't deal directly with you. My console uses 140 Syndyne thumb pistons and 12 Syndyne toe studs. I purchased directly from them about 8 years ago, including several additional orders to cater for changes to my original piston scheme. I'm very sorry to hear about your experience with the large order, and I hope you are able to resolve it soon.

Thanks to everyone who has responded to this thread. You have assisted me in making my decision.

Andrew

Andrew,
Belowis Syndyne's answer to my order for 57 SAMs.
They were quick to response when I asked for Syndyne representatives.
Frank

Sent: Friday, December 1, 2017 1:47 PM
To: Frank
Subject: Fwd: Subject: Website Contact Us Form - Date:2017-12-01 12:54:56am:

Thank you so much for your interest in our products.
Syndyne sells components to organ builders who deal in our products.
We are glad to suggest a few of these dealers/builders that could supply them,
if you do not have a professional builder with whom you currently work.

Kind regards,
Annette

Annette Martin
Office Manager
Syndyne Corporation
Phone: 360-256-8466
FAX: 360-256-8208
sales@syndyne.com

engrssc

PostSat May 05, 2018 7:14 pm

Perhaps you needed to be listed with Syndyne as an organ builder (company). I used my own company (which is incorporated) when I first bought items from them. No issues. But probably as Mel suggested it would be best to contact the MIDIworks CEO directly or by a p/m here from the Forum.

Rgds,
Ed
Last edited by engrssc on Sat May 05, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Next

Return to Vendors (consoles & MIDI/computer hardware)