It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:03 pm

Program Change Messages

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

Stephen Phillips

Program Change Messages

PostThu Mar 04, 2004 10:13 pm

I have scoured the manual for a way to send specific program change messages to Hauptwerk to trigger a specific Registration Frame, ie. direct access to a particular frame rather than sequential. What I am trying to do, for instance, is to (a)simply tap the "+" button on my MIDI keyboard and go to the next frame, and in addition (b)key in a certain bank+number combination to trigger that frame, according to its position in the combination file. I have come up empty-handed, and either I am missing something, or a straight-forward and useful means of registration change is simply (as yet) unavailable. Can somebody clarify this for me please?

BachsFugue

PostFri Mar 05, 2004 12:08 am

I'm sure you have read the info at
http://hauptwerk.co.uk/UserDoc-160-OperatingOrgans.html .

I'm not sure how your MIDI keyboard can send the appropriate signals to activate registration frames. The computer keyboard works fine. With registration frames as they exist in Hauptwerk, there are adequate numbers of frames to allow for multiple instances of the same registration. Serial access works fine and random access doesn't seem necessary.

I hope this helps.
Cole
Cole Votaw -- Springfield, Ohio, USA

mdyde

PostFri Mar 05, 2004 4:58 am

Yes - the registration sequencer frames can only be accessed sequentially in the current version. Version 2 will allow them to be divided into eight banks, and you will be able to jump to the start of any bank. Of course, you can still use the standard combination pistons as well.

Martin.

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing