It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:24 am

M-Audio midisport problems

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

ryangeo

Re: M-Audio midisport problems

PostFri Dec 05, 2014 2:43 am

I am so glad you got your instrument off the ground again.

I had exactly the same problem about a year ago after upgrading to HW4.

The Midisport seemed hot so I assumed it had broken down, I had got 3 years out of it and assuming these things do not last long these days bought a new one. I didn't work: HW couldn't see but windows said the install was satisfactory.

After discussions with Milan and the manufacturers I concluded that it was not their fault at all and eventually partitioned my hard disc and loaded a clean windows 7. All went well for a while until I had to move the instrument during which I had to disconnect the PC from the MIDI. Big Mistake I was back to square one

At my wits end I trawled the web to see if anyone else had the same problems. Eventually I found one post amongst hundreds that said that on a different model he had found the manufacturers drivers were useless (his words not mine). I re-loaded the Midisport with the windows drivers only and Hey presto it goes like a dream.

I just hope we both continue to have good luck but if you have any more problems you have the benefit of my experience above.

martinus

PostFri Dec 05, 2014 6:00 pm

Thank you for sharing this Ryangeo !

Sometimes such a small flaw in windows can cause much head scratching , does it not ?
I am super relieved that everything runs like a well oiled Swiss watch again :D

Best regards,

Martinus c van Herk
Patience is a virtue

mcvanherk@gmail.com

martinus

PostFri Mar 04, 2016 5:01 pm

It happened again.....!

M-audio midisport 4x4 anniversary edition stopped being recognized by Hauptwerk...but was still visible in windows system device manager.
After my windows 10 pro got the latest updates installed , voila! everything works like a charm :D

Mart c van Herk
Patience is a virtue

mcvanherk@gmail.com

martinus

PostSat Dec 16, 2017 3:06 pm

And again.......it happened !

Just want to share THE solution to this reoccurring problem.....Just connect the m - audio midisport 4 x 4 to the SAME usb port on the computer ....
It dawned on me that this problem only crops up after disconnecting the computer for a cleanup :o
So endless updates , virus scans and the like did not do it ....win 10 sees it in device manager but Hauptwerk post it as missing devices.

So problem solved, just in time for Christmas :D
Patience is a virtue

mcvanherk@gmail.com

mdyde

PostSun Dec 17, 2017 5:18 am

Hello Martinus,

If you connect it to a different USB port then its driver might possibly think it's a different physical device and present it with a different name (with a number/letter suffix or prefix, for example). Certainly the Windows default MIDI driver appears to work that way. In that case, Hauptwerk would inevitably see it as different device too (since the only means that's available to identify a MIDI port is the name that Windows lists for it), so Hauptwerk would report that the 'old' device was missing and that a 'new' one had been found (because of the different device name). Hence it's best to keep USB-MIDI devices always connected to the same USB ports on the computer, or to keep them all connected to the same USB ports on a dedicated good-quality *powered* (not 'bus powered') USB 2.0 hub, if that's more convenient.

In case it's relevant, note also that it's also important to be aware that you mustn't plug in, or un-plug, a MIDI or audio interface whilst Hauptwerk is actually running, since Hauptwerk queries the devices when it launches and expects the list to remain the same whilst it's running; it doesn't support 'hot-plugging'.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

martinus

PostMon Dec 18, 2017 10:48 am

Thank you Martin :D
Patience is a virtue

mcvanherk@gmail.com
Previous

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing