It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:37 pm

MOTU Ultralite MK3 hybrid - very nice sound

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

mdbirkett

Re: MOTU Ultralite MK3 hybrid - very nice sound

PostTue Nov 29, 2016 1:16 pm

I also use this interface, and find it to be a very good match with Hauptwerk. I have the Advanced license, and I have the MOTU configured with outputs 1-2 configured as the main stereo pair, outputs 3-4 configured as a second stereo pair, output 5 as a mono output, and output 6 as a mono output. Most stops from manuals are sent to the main output pair. I send "detuned" stops (such as Celeste stops) going to the second stereo pair, and loud "solo" stops sent to output 5 (mono). All 32' and 16' pedal stops are sent to output 6 (mono) with the remainder going to the main output pair. The MOTU outputs are connected to the 7.1 inputs of my A/V Receiver, with the main going to the fronts, the second stereo pair going to the rears, output 5 going to the center channel, and output 6 going to my SVS sub.

For dry sample sets, I use the built-in reverb in the MOTU, and find that this reverb gives a very smooth sound, and can be configured in such a way to make you feel like you are playing in a small church, or a huge cathedral. I also find the EQ section of the MOTU very useful, and allows me to fine-tune the sound of a sample set to my liking, whether using the surround receiver, or to my headphones (which I use most of the time, since the SVS has the ability to get me evicted from my apartment :) )
Previous

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing