It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:37 am

Launchpad and Win 10

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

mus4utoo

Launchpad and Win 10

PostWed Apr 27, 2016 5:16 pm

I have my setup configured where I use a Launchpad (the original large one) to control the St. Anne organ stops, pistons and other controls. I also have one of the Launchpad buttons set up as a general cancel. I recently made some changes to my win 7 setup. I replaced my HDD with an SSD and then did a clean install of win 10. Since then, at times, when I use a piston that changes many stops or hit the general cancel, some of the Launchpad lights do not go out. I have it setup so that the Launchpad lights are full on or full off. The stops cancel on the computer but the lights don't go out. In order to get the lights to shut off I have to hit the button that's lit twice. The first press turns the stop back on and the second shuts off the stop and the light on the Lauchpad for that stop. I then have to repeat the procedure for any other stop lights that stayed on. I have my Launchpad connected directly a USB port directly on the PC. Everything is directly connected to the PC. Keyboard, Mouse, MIDI interface, Hauptwerk Key and touchscreen are all connected directly to the PC. Any ideas? Thanks.

peterorg

Re: Launchpad and Win 10

PostThu Apr 28, 2016 1:03 am

I, and I think others, have found that the Launchpad needs to be connected to the computer via a powered USB hub rather than being connected directly to the computer. If you have one available, you might like to try this.
Good luck,
Peter

engrssc

PostThu Apr 28, 2016 2:47 am

mus4utoo wrote:I recently made some changes to my win 7 setup. I replaced my HDD with an SSD and then did a clean install of win 10. Since then, at times, when I use a piston that changes many stops or hit the general cancel, some of the Launchpad lights do not go out..

Did the Launchpad work properly with Win 7? Not sure if this applies, but many older products are not updated to work with a newer system.

Rgds,
Ed

mdyde

PostThu Apr 28, 2016 4:04 am

[Topic moved here.]

I have an original Launchpad, and haven't noticed any problems with it on Windows 10 so far. I'd also suggest:

- Make sure that you have all current Windows updates installed. (Use Windows Update to check for updates, apply all available, reboot, then keep repeating until there are no more. Note that you might need to click the 'check for updates' button *twice* before Windows actually performs the check.)

- Make sure you have the latest/final driver (v2.6) installed for the Launchpad: https://global.novationmusic.com/support/product-downloads?product=Launchpad+MK1

- Also make sure you have the latest drivers installed for all other hardware on the PC (especially USB devices), checking on their manufacturers' websites as appropriate.

- Also make sure you have the latest driver for the Hauptwerk USB key, which is always available on our main downloads page: http://www.downloadhauptwerk.com/ . (It doesn't hurt to re-install it, if unsure.)

- Try a good-quality (e.g. Belkin) powered USB 2.0 hub if the problem persists. (As well as a shortage of power, that should help to address any potential USB 2/USB 3 compatibility issue, in case one exists.)

Reboot after updating anything.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

jrball

PostFri Apr 29, 2016 4:41 pm

My Belkin 7-port powered hub successfully runs 6 Launchpads and one MIDI keyboard under Windows 10.

mus4utoo

PostMon Jun 06, 2016 10:25 pm

After some experimenting it seems my problem was the launchpad driver. I installed the driver from the CD that came with the device when I installed WIN 10. After going to their website to get the latest driver, all the problems went away. The launchpad also reacted much more quickly to a large number of stop changes - almost instantaneous instead of like dominos.
Thanks for all your help.

mdyde

PostTue Jun 07, 2016 3:32 am

Thanks for the update, and glad to hear you have it all working well again now.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing