Search:
Submit Search

TouchOSC

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...

TouchOSC

Postby atugores » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:53 am

I'm sure there is somebody that understand and uses ToucOSC with iPad an HW so please I ask for help, I think I have TouchOsc connected with the Mac but when I start HW and try TouchOsc to learn the stops it just does nothing, so please tell me which steps are necessary to make this think working, unfortunately the web page of TouchOsc is very poor in info, do I need to set a session in the Mac midi section, steps to connect will be very welcome, thanks for the help.
atugores

Re: TouchOSC

Postby Julianbr » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:36 am

Hi, I've just joined the forum and read your post.
I use HW4 with TouchOSC on iPad, connected over wifi and find it excellent -just wondered whether you had received an answer or were still trying?
Julianbr

Postby larason2 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:34 am

I use TouchOSC, and I am quite fond of it (even though it is occaisionally buggy). I open the app "Audio Midi Setup" on the mac, and if it isn't displayed, select "show the midi studio" on the Window menu. I then double click on the "network" box. The first time you set up the app, you need to create a new session, and add your ipad or tablet. Then, you can click "connect," which connects the computer to your tablet. TouchOSC should work on the tablet without needing any extra software (you are using the mac's built in midi drivers). Hopefully this helps!
larason2

Postby Julianbr » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:19 am

Yes, I wish the iPad would stay connected between sessions or at least would auto connect as it were, still I think it is an excellent way to select stops and combination pistons and layouts are really easy to produce.
Julianbr

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing