It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:53 pm

TouchOSC

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

hotfingers

Re: TouchOSC

PostTue Oct 30, 2018 11:13 am

Very kind. I'd be happy to give it a go. Rod
Roderick Elms

mkc1

PostTue Oct 30, 2018 11:20 am

hotfingers wrote:Very kind. I'd be happy to give it a go. Rod
Maybe send me a PM with an address I can send it to ?

ns_organist

PostWed Jan 23, 2019 9:23 am

Hello!

I've recently starting using Touch OSC with 2 iPads connected (via lightening cable) to my Windows PC. While it takes a while to figure out how to get everything communicating, Touch OSC really provides a nice and easy way to customize and configure your Hauptwerk input. I'm using 2 iPads, one for each jamb.

Here's my issue:
I have designed 2 Layovers (Touch OSC's name for screens) for each sample set - 1 screen for each iPad (left and right). When I switch between sample sets, I have to load a new layover. When I search on the iPads for the layovers, each iPad has the layovers in a different order. It's not alphabetic, not numeric, nor does it seem to be based on the size of the layover.

For example, I have 2 layovers: Salisbury_Left, and Salisbury_Right. The Salisbury_Left may be item #2 on the left iPad. Salisbury_Right may be item #18 on the right iPad. I've tried loading the exact same layover, renamed to "1", "2", and so on, onto both iPads, and they are still not in the same order. It's not a huge issue - everything else works as expected - it's just a little annoying that both iPads aren't displaying lists the same way.

I tried to contact Touch OSC/Hexler support, but 3 weeks have passed, and they are not responding.

Is anyone else using Touch OSC experiencing the same thing? Any suggestion are appreciated.

Kevin
Previous

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing