It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 5:36 pm

EastWest QL Spaces Reverb

Connecting Hauptwerk to MIDI organs, sequencers, ...
  • Author

toplayer2

EastWest QL Spaces Reverb

PostFri Sep 23, 2016 7:49 am

Based on a recommendation from Steve Schlesing, I ordered Quantum Leap Spaces from EastWest. This convolver has a very simple user interface and sounds extremely realistic as evidenced by recent Contrebombarde posts from Steve (Keys61). I had a couple of problems with the installation, but EW tech support from Chris was first rate, much like what Hauptwerk users enjoy from Martin and Brett.

Joe Hardy

telemanr

Re: EastWest QL Spaces Reverb

PostFri Sep 23, 2016 8:06 am

Does it need an iLok key?
Rob Enns

toplayer2

PostFri Sep 23, 2016 10:05 am

telemanr wrote:Does it need an iLok key?

Rob,

You can activate Spaces on one PC without an iLok key, although an iLok account (free) is needed. The activation can be done with a key ($49) to allow you to run Spaces on different PCs similar to how the Hauptwerk key works.

http://www.soundsonline.com/Spaces

Joe

pedro

PostFri Oct 07, 2016 1:56 pm

Would really like to find a nice reverb for Hauptwerk.
Tried the Lexicon ,but i dont like it.Really cuts down on the sound quality for me.
Does anyone have any experience with this one.?
Would love to hear.

pblais

PostThu Mar 09, 2017 2:21 pm

toplayer2 wrote:Based on a recommendation from Steve Schlesing, I ordered Quantum Leap Spaces from EastWest. This convolver has a very simple user interface and sounds extremely realistic as evidenced by recent Contrebombarde posts from Steve (Keys61). I had a couple of problems with the installation, but EW tech support from Chris was first rate, much like what Hauptwerk users enjoy from Martin and Brett.

Joe Hardy

Hi Joe
My name is Pierre...
I am a big fan of EW. I have a lot of their products including Spaces. I am new to Hauptwerk though. Can I pick your brain a little and get you to explain to me how you interfaced Spaces with Hauptwerk.. Right now, I am running Hauptwerk completely standalone with not DAW involved. I have Studio ONE 3, Sonar Pro, Cubase 9, Acoustica 8 Pro, Reason 9 and Digital Performer 9. So if you are using anyone of those DAWs, feel free.

Thanks
Pierre

ps If you want to chat off line my email is pblais@comcast.net

mdyde

PostFri Mar 10, 2017 5:02 am

Hello Pierre,

The 'Using an AU/VST host to apply real-time reverb' sub-section (pages 183-184 in the current v4.2.1 version) of the 'MIDI sequencing, the Hauptwerk AU/VST Link and applying real-time reverb' section of the main Hauptwerk user guide (on the Help menu in Hauptwerk) covers it.

There's also a dedicated tutorial with step-by-step instructions for applying real-time reverb with Reaper here (although Reaper's makers change Reaper's user interface frequently, so it might be a little out of date):

https://www.hauptwerk.com/clientuploads/documentation/Tutorials/AU_VST/HauptwerkAUAndVSTTutorials-UsingReaperForRealtimeReverb.pdf

However, since you're familiar with VST/DAWs in general, you could probably just use your favourite VST host instead, in the way covered in the 'Using an AU/VST host to apply real-time reverb' sub-section of the user guide. In particular (as covered there), make sure you completely disable all MIDI IN and MIDI OUT ports in your host, and also make sure you don't have the HauptwerkVSTLink enabled as a MIDI port anywhere on either tab of Hauptwerk's 'General settings | MIDI ports' screen.
Best regards, Martin.
Hauptwerk software designer/developer, Milan Digital Audio.

Return to Audio / MIDI interfacing